Sign in to follow this  
Trachemys

NGX and P3d V3.4

Hi, I am thinking about this combo, PMDG NGX on P3D V3.4, but I have heard about many many issues, CTD, PMDG not supporting the V3,4, etc etc, what do you think? and what do you think about other PMDG products running on V3.4 versión? Thanks.

I didn't like the P3D V3.4, even with the latest fix... Got worse FPS than with the V3.3... Had to downgrade... Maybe the V3.5 will be better...

No significant issues with P3D 3.4 and the NGX here, but I'm judicious with settings like AI traffic and road traffic in order to achieve smoothness in the sim.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

PMDG737NGX for FSX Acceleration and a Client update to P3D v3.4.18.19475 (HF2) all ok here.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Working fine for me on 3.4. In fact it's working better than it was on earlier versions of P3Dv3.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Thank you guys,

Vaughan, what is a "Client update" and where can i get it?

P3D allows you to update components of the sim without reinstalling the entire thing.

See here, written by Elaine Dixon:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/495199-updating-prepar3d-v3-using-the-update-component-installers/

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle, your YouTube videos are awesome, I own an old FSX PMDG NGX License, what should I do to be running it on P3d, I must purchase another p3d license?

​Cheers!!

Hi Kyle, your YouTube videos are awesome, I own an old FSX PMDG NGX License, what should I do to be running it on P3d, I must purchase another p3d license?

​Cheers!!

Yes, you need to purchase it again.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Just purchased PMDG737ngx again, for even more money and can't  even use it or P3D. Wrote up a ticket to PMDG support, nothing happening there. So, what's happening is, I have P3D v3.4.14.18870. Installed ngx, click on p3d and CTD. The event log is

-EventData

param1application-specific

param2Local

param3Launch

param4{C97FCC79-E628-407D-AE68-A06AD6D8B4D1}

param5{344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B}

param6NT AUTHORITY

param7SYSTEM

param8S-1-5-18

param9LocalHost (Using LRPC)

This is the only add-on I have at this time for P3D

Rob Potter

4 hours ago, Shopdog said:

Wrote up a ticket to PMDG support, nothing happening there.

When did you submit the ticket?  They usually respond within 24 hr.

I get nothing from the above Event Data paste.  I think I understand the problem description:  You launch P3D and you get a CTD, but what does P3D do before the CTD? Does it show the banner?  Does it open the Scenario Setup window or start with the fighter on the runway?  Did you ever get it to work to the point where you could select the NGX?  What is your default aircraft.

You left out a lot of information.. there are numerous types of CTD events, sometimes windows gives a message that the application has stopped working and will close and sometimes nothing. What is it?

Did you have P3D running before you ran the NGX installer?

Dan Downs KCRP

I submitted a ticket a couple days ago. Yes it shows the splash screen, no scenario screen, doesn't get that far. Was working great before the install of ngx. Also had AS2016 running before with no problems. I can't remember what the default a/c was. Yes did get the windows message that the application had to close. I was told by a PMDG tech to uninstall the client app which I did and re-installed, which worked until I closed the simulator and restarted and the same thing happened. I'm getting this fault:

Faulting application path: D:\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: C\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Rob Potter

5 hours ago, Shopdog said:

Wrote up a ticket to PMDG support, nothing happening there.

Please don't be disingenuous. You received a response from us a mere 18 minutes after submitting your ticket, and have continued to receive support from both Ryan and Paul (for an issue caused by something other than our code) over the following days.

NTDLL errors are not ours, and not caused by our products. Most often, they are caused by graphics card issues, but the error is very generic. This may be helpful: 

Kyle Rodgers