Sign in to follow this  
Trachemys

NGX and P3d V3.4

Ok, I did what the tech suggested and it didn't work, so I responded back to him and haven't heard a thing in 4 hours after my response that it did not work. So Kyle since your on the support team what would you suggest? Everything was working fine with the other add-ons, what makes the ngx so different than other add-ons?

Rob Potter

21 minutes ago, Shopdog said:

Ok, I did what the tech suggested and it didn't work, so I responded back to him and haven't heard a thing in 4 hours after my response that it did not work.

We don't run a 24/7 support operation, and it's also the weekend (you sent the message you're referring to at 0929 on a Sat morning - 0629 for Ryan). I don't think it's entirely reasonable to expect instantaneous replies all the time, particularly on the weekend. We still log in over the weekend to provide support (this post, case in point), but let's be a little realistic here.

22 minutes ago, Shopdog said:

So Kyle since your on the support team what would you suggest?

I provided a link to a guide that goes through common CTD issues. As I mentioned in the last post, a fault in NTDLL.dll is not caused by us. It's usually a graphics or core OS issue. Google it. You'll see thousands of other thread entirely unrelated to our products.

I'll copy the data out of it for you, however, for your convenience:

NTDLL.dll – The following is a quote from Microsoft Techs - “Heap metadata can become corrupted and it has been identified by Microsoft as one of the most common causes of application failures. When an application crash shows the faulting module as ntdll.dll along with the Memory Access Violation (0xc0000005), then Windows places the application on a watch list and, if the application crashes at least four times or more in an hour, the fault tolerant heap service will configure the application to use the fault tolerant heap service in the future” (Source - Chapter 10, Memory Management, Windows Internals, Part 2: Covering Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 by Mark E. Russinovich, David A Solomon, and Alex Ionescu). The service is part of the Security Center service so you need to make sure this service is turned on. If the ntdll.dll is placed on the watch list, this information will be shown in the Event Viewer (Admin Events). See also Increase Heap Limitation in the Actions to Take to Prevent Crashes section of this guide.

Several possibilities for the NTDLL.dll error are as follows:

• Most likely cause is outdated or corrupted hardware drivers. Run a driver update program as discussed in previous section.
  • Use the System File Checker (SFC \scannow) to look for corrupt or missing system files. See previous section for details on running this program.
  • Recently update video card drivers? Reinstall or install the previous version.
  • System overheating. Check (not common but it can cause this crash).
  • Wrong timings/voltages set for your installed RAM. Use the utility, CPU-Z, to check or look inside the BIOS (NOTE: With newer Mother Boards and Memory Simms, this issue is not as common as it was with earlier systems but it can still happen).
  • CPU voltage too high or too low (only if you manually adjusted this in the BIOS). You might be able to fix by returning your BIOS to Optimized Defaults or lowering your overclock by one point from say, 4.4GHz to 4.3GHz.
  • Remove the UIAutomationcore.dll from the main FSX folder, if installed (applies to FSX users only). A known fix (could be the wrong version placed in the FSX folder).
  • Check your dll.xml for duplicate entries or entries where the software was removed but the entry in the dll.xml still exists. Fix.
  • Disable User Access Controls (UAC) (see the section above for more information).
  • Update hardware drivers for your computer (especially on new computer systems or if the Windows OS has been reinstalled or upgraded) (see Driver Update information in this guide).
  • Disable MyTrafficX, v5.4c or MyTraffic6a in the Scenery Library to see if this program is the cause of the ntdll.dll error. It is believed to be caused by an AI scheduling programming error. For MyTrafficX go back to the 5.4b version or make sure no external AI program schedule is activated (i.e., the 2012 or 2013 Schedules on the developers website). The default schedule appears to be okay for most. Check the developers support forums for updated information and possible bug fixes. For MyTraffic6, some have fixed it by renaming the MyTrafficmil.bgl to MyTrafficmil.orig.
  • Some have seen this error when changing to payware aircraft after using another payware or default aircraft.
23 minutes ago, Shopdog said:

Everything was working fine with the other add-ons, what makes the ngx so different than other add-ons?

How add-ons interact with your computer is entirely dependent on how they're built. If we call on your graphics card to render something and your driver is damaged, or outdated, it won't be able to render it and boom. Someone else may be using FSX-internal processes, or simpler methods.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok Kyle, I did all of the above and "boom". So why with the same add-ons and even more so in my FSX version with this same exact plane I get no errors? Also, have seen a lot of other customers with the same problem with this plane and others, so we all have problems with our drivers, etc.

43 minutes ago, Shopdog said:

So why with the same add-ons and even more so in my FSX version with this same exact plane I get no errors?

Not sure. This would point more to the sim environment than PMDG code, no?

43 minutes ago, Shopdog said:

Also, have seen a lot of other customers with the same problem with this plane and others, so we all have problems with our drivers, etc.

This would re-iterate the above (particularly with the "this plane and others" bit).

As I mentioned earlier, NTDLL errors are incredibly vague. It's like saying someone has a fever. All kinds of things can cause a fever. Solving the underlying cause needs to be done a many different ways. Your case may be different from others, but again, I point back to NTDLL error causes being numerous and wide-ranging.

Kyle Rodgers