Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Best scenery for Airline flying

Hello. I am looking for recommendations on realistic looking scenery / photorealistic scenery that looks good from high altitudes in P3D. I fly airliners only and currently use Orbx vector, global, and open lc. While these are great, I find that much of the scenery in between cities doesn't look that great. I've seen something in xplane called Ortho4fx and that looks amazing. Is there something for p3d that is similar?

I thought about megasceneryearth but I've read there is only one season, no night lighting and once you get to a low altitude it looks flat. That would be an issue for me. Is there anything out there that would be the. Eat of both worlds or is there nothing like this in p3d?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I would recommend checking out the Photoreal subforum here at AVSIM.  It tends to be geared towards photoreal fans and there you should find some good ideas I would think. 

Photoreal with seasons, full 3D autogen and night imagery makes your choices fewer but they are out there. France VFR comes to mind but I find hidden gems every now and then.  One that comes to mind is Tuscon, Pima County Arizona which is nice and freeware.  Gotta luv PR! :smile:

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I'm not sure what you are comparing Orbx Global, Vector and OpenLC products to?  I think they look awesome.  But, I only have 40 years of flying before I retired but where I agree the view is not accurate to detail it is certainly representative of what a pilot can see from up there. 

I stay away from photoscenery, as Clutch mentioned there are few products that fill the gap and also there is that problem with VAS being eaten alive by photoreal scenery.  I always delete any photoscenery that comes with airports, such as FlyTampa, to save 300-600MB of VAS.  I notice their newest EHAM uses terrain BGL files in stead of photoscenery and impact on VAS is less than 20 MB. I can live with that.

Dan Downs KCRP

https://store.ultimatevfr.com/  UltimateVFR is 1m satellite photoscenery color corrected by a professional videographer (B Movie Credits).  Night lighting is excellent and enjoyable, shows up at a distance, and is aligned up-to-date with roadways.  It also includes aligned autogen.  And vegetation aligned with the vegetation in the photoscenery.  Water maps based on USDA maps.  Nobody else has all of it in the same place.   I recommend trying out California Central or SoCal.   He is currently working on rolling out Version 2.0 of the US.

In fact, let me know if there is something you would like me to screen shot and I'll get them up here.

https://store.ultimatevfr.com/  UltimateVFR is 1m satellite photoscenery color corrected by a professional videographer (B Movie Credits).  Night lighting is excellent and enjoyable, shows up at a distance, and is aligned up-to-date with roadways.  It also includes aligned autogen.  And vegetation aligned with the vegetation in the photoscenery.  Water maps based on USDA maps.  Nobody else has all of it in the same place.   I recommend trying out California Central or SoCal.   He is currently working on rolling out Version 2.0 of the US.

In fact, let me know if there is something you would like me to screen shot and I'll get them up here.

Yes, please send a screenshot. Night and day would be great. Thanks

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Yes, please send a screenshot. Night and day would be great. Thanks

Any particular areas of SoCal, Arizona, or Colorado you'd like to see, those are the areas I have.  I also have Utah and New Mexico in an older night lighting format, and all of California in the new lighting method over home grown photoscenery. (Pssst, california scenery subsections come with complete lighting for California).

How about LA, Phoenix and he Denver area?