Sign in to follow this  
AndreH12

Aerosoft airbus updating fmc

If you update the FMC data you might also want to update the navdata if you use a flight planner like PFPX so that the navdata matches up.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There are 2 main vendors I know of, that you can purchase up-to-date AIRACs from. Aerosoft and Navigraph. One is as good as the other as far as I can make out. You usually have a few choices:

You could buy a single AIRAC (which you can use to update all your addons). After the cycle finishes, it will be out of date, but at least you know all your addons are working off the same AIRAC

Another option is to buy a subscription. Not sure about Navigraph but Aerosoft does 2 subscription options. You can buy a quarterly subscription (allowing you to continuously update everything for 3 months) or a yearly subscription (this will give you 13 cycles and will keep everything updated for a year).

A single cycle is probably around the €10 mark. Obviously the subscription services are more expensive. I suppose it all depends on how accurate you want your NavData to be.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Probably the cheapest and most practical thing to do, is go for a one month subscription to Navigraph, which if I recall correctly is a bit less than 10 quid, then download every AIRAC update there is for all the FS aeroplanes. That way you'll have them all good to go and reasonably up to date if you ever need to update any other FS aeroplane FMCs.

To do that (after you have a Navigraph subscription of course), log in, look on the 'Products' page, then over on the right you will see 'Manual Install' click that and then you'll see all AIRACS for FS aeroplanes listed, with three Aerosoft Airbus ones near the top (these are for either, A318/19/20/21 or Extended V1.10 and above, or Extended V1.15 and above). These downloads are about 10Mb each, you click the one you want to download it, and then it is a self installing exe file which you simply double click to install. Be aware however, that if you do update it, you will probably need to also make sure that FS itself is updated, and you can do that for free at the link I've posted below (there are instructions on that page which tell you how to go about doing all that):

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

True!

It's €9.38 for both charts and FMS data from Navigraph ... 

... and €8.12 for 30 days FMS data... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I agree that Navigraph is the way to go and it's worth every penny. Keeps everything updated even AS16. So you can't go wrong

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM