Hi Alex,

To find the lowest possible safe flying altitude for flying 'low and slow' in moutainous area's, it is important to find the lowest terrain elevation along a route.

Flightplanning would be much easier and faster if, while you move your mouse over the map, the elevation at your mouse pointer location is shown. (like google earth does)

If the feature is already planned, thank you very much.

If not, I request you to add it to the to do list

See you, Jan

Hi Jan,

that is no problem after changing the source for the elevation data. I have to download and use offline data for that. The current online data source has too many problems and limitations.

There is another discussion about elevation going on here.

I'll add this idea to my task list.

Alex

Edited by albar965

I though of another "feature". At present, the Little Navmap app has no access to SIDs and STARs data from Navigraph subscriptions, etc.. What I do to work around this is to run the Garmin GTN Trainer app to make sure that I have at least one SID and/or STAR waypoint in my flight plan.

Hi Jay,

Next version will have at least full support for flight simulator approaches and SIDs and STARs in P3D too. The latter one only if you use the fsAerodata update. I'm already working on it.

I hope I can also add support for Navigraph AIRAC data including SIDs and STARs in this next release.

Alex

Hi Alex,

On the Jeppesen charts the position of Navaids is in Mminutes only, precision 2.

Example: VOR SPY on the JeppView chart: N52 32.4, E004 51.2.

This position can also be entered in de PMDG 737NGX FMC as N5232.4E00451.2

In JeppView, options you can choose from three different Lat/Lon Display settings:

a. Minutes only. See above

b. Show seconds. N52° 32' 25.01", E004° 51' 13.61"

c. Decimal degrees. N52. 54°, E04.85°

b and c are already in Little Navmap

It would be very nice to have option Minutes only also in Little Navmap for the reasons I described before.

Furthermore it would very handy if it's possible to enter the geographic coordinates in the search section.

Thanks for all the effort you make for this magnificent program.

Werner Verwaal

Hi Jay,

Next version will have at least full support for flight simulator approaches and SIDs and STARs in P3D too. The latter one only if you use the fsAerodata update. I'm already working on it.

I hope I can also add support for Navigraph AIRAC data including SIDs and STARs in this next release.

Alex

As an aside, take a look at this:

https://www.fsaerodata.com/

It updates FSX, FSX-SE and P3d databases to stay in sync with Navigraph updates.  This will make sure that one's flight plans mimic what the sim sees also. I bought a one year subscription and I have been testing it out with VOXATC V7 beta and P3d V3. So far it looks pretty good with a limited number of flights. I loaded a few of the default airports and the fsaerodata BGLs into Airport Design Editor and the approaches look up to date with AIRAC 1701.

That's not the same. Herve's updates are excellent but they do nothing to alter the sim's approach database which is built into the airport bgl files themselves.

That's not the same. Herve's updates are excellent but they do nothing to alter the sim's approach database which is built into the airport bgl files themselves.

Ah, good to know.

What scared me away from it were incompatibility with Aivlasoft EFB (mentioned on their "buy" page), but now it was changed to "fsAerodata works now with Aivlasoft EFB and Plan-G Flight Planning as a preview. Expect a more in deep compatibility results on next cycles.", so I might try it in the future.

Changing all the approach data for that many airports is such a large undertaking, that it may take months before the results for any specific default airport can be validated. Keep in mind that this improvement is only necessary if one is using an ATC app combined with a GPS based gauge and one needs absolute accuracy for the approaches at a wide variety of default airports. Most payware 3rd party airports of recent vintage will already have the correct approach and navaid data. And even if they only have some of the correct data, Herve's databases may have the remainder.

Having latest AIRAC data with FSX stock airports gives you always mismatches in runway numbers/designators or approach course.

fsAerodata also updates approaches for add on airports. That's why the their entries have the highest priority in the scenery.cfg.

They also update the magnetic variation for navaids and the COM frequencies as well as renamed runways and much more stuff like airport names.

Waypoints and the whole airway system is updated too.

Hervé is also doing all that too except the approaches as far as I know. Parts of his updates are limited to Europe.

I had to dig though all these updates data and had to adapt Little Navmap to cope with them. Or, to be more precise: I had to fix Little Navmap to behave like FSX when dealing with add-on BGL files. :Sigh:

Alex

• Upvote 1

Hi guys,

I'm getting too confused with all these different SID/STAR database...

I used LNM to form a flight plan and exported the rte file to my PMDG 737NGX. But both the runway number and available STAR at my destination are different from the ones in PMDG FMC... 

What's the difference between sim's approach database and Navigraph's update for PMDG FMC? 

If I use the fsAerodata to update LNM, will I solve this problem?

THANKS!

Hi,

that is because the FSX/P3D navigation data is old and the NGX is newer. Runway numbers, waypoints and procedures have changed in the meantime.

On 18.11.2017 at 8:07 AM, jayren said:

If I use the fsAerodata to update LNM, will I solve this problem?

Yes. Then FSX/P3D, the NGX and LNM will all use the same data.

Alex