Sign in to follow this  
MarioB

No contact with the aircraft

Hi Scot,

FSUIPC 4.960 is out.

I make a smal test with Linda 2.8.8 V2

Reload Linda do not work at changing Aircraft.

At this time a press synconize at the top from Linda and it is working.

Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

Pleased to see FSUIPC4 4.960 is now available. Obviously LINDA must have FSX Sync activated for it to work. Once sync-ed the Reload LUA Engine should not be required.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Opened the console with the settings you mentioned. I get this error:

[E] *** LUA Error: ...eed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules\linda/system/init.lua:189: Can't create event trap!

I removed  / reinstalled both FSUIPC 4.960 and LINDA 2.8.8. LINDA does not react to any buttons from any device, yet the devices (LGT 3D, CH TQ and Saitek switch panel) are all recognized by LINDA.

Hi Mario, I would very cautious of removing and reinstalling software. If you do this with LINDA all you previous configurations and assignments can be lost. You seem to be unique in having these issues. The LUA Error at line 189 is likely to be with the beta version of FSUIPC4. Version 4.960  has been tested and shown to remove these errors.

I need to ask you to repeat the earlier tests with Verbose logging selected and send me these files:

/modules/fsuipc4.log

/modules/linda-cfg/system/config-hid.lua

/modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/{your aircraft}/config-hid.lua

PS: Can you please change your avatar? I gives me the creeps.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Here are the files requested. Also sent you the Console text. I loaded the Q400, but I don't seem to have a config-hid lua for this aircraft, so I sent you the FSX Default one instead.

PS: The original avatar was Mr. Clyde Cessna himself, he would have been offended... There was an actual size photo of him mounted on a panel. This was during A Cessna Conference I attended years ago. The new one is the real me!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq0lUCCX1nbegvlYesCUxptPkNqG8A

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq0lUCCX1nbegvlaAjIEU3fl23UQVQ

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq0lUCCX1nbegvlbvgMMn82Xyk2rRg

https://1drv.ms/t/s!Aq0lUCCX1nbegvlZc6iWBs0lq6fh1Q

Hi Scot,

sorry.

All is working good .

Thanks

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

Here are the files requested. Also sent you the Console text. I loaded the Q400, but I don't seem to have a config-hid lua for this aircraft, so I sent you the FSX Default one instead.

PS: The original avatar was Mr. Clyde Cessna himself, he would have been offended... There was an actual size photo of him mounted on a panel. This was during A Cessna Conference I attended years ago. The new one is the real me!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq0lUCCX1nbegvlYesCUxptPkNqG8A

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq0lUCCX1nbegvlaAjIEU3fl23UQVQ

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq0lUCCX1nbegvlbvgMMn82Xyk2rRg

https://1drv.ms/t/s!Aq0lUCCX1nbegvlZc6iWBs0lq6fh1Q

Hi Mario

I think you have a basic misunderstanding on the way LINDA works. The LINDA 2.8.8 installation provides the core code and functionality. The individual aircraft modules provide specific functions for operating the switches in each aircraft. However, it is up to the user to set up their own assignments from the aircraft module for the joysticks and devices they. We don't know what joystick each user owns.

According to you there was no config-hid.lua for the Q400. This is the one you need to create and program yourself using the functions provided in the Q400 module. The error log also tells me that this configuration file is missing. You also need to repeat this for the FSX Default aircraft like the Beechcraft B58 or Cessna 172. If these config-hid.lua were previously set up you will find a timestamped backup file which can be renamed and used.

You need to select the Joysticks page and each device (CH Flightstick, Saitek Throttle, etc) in turn and assign the function you want to each button. You can assign functions to the OnPress action as a minimum. If you require the button to repeat, you need to assign the same function to the OnRepeat. There is also the OnRelease action which is required for the Saitek Switch Panel. Clicking on each button column will display a menu. You will see the aircraft module marked by an arrow. The FSX Default functions are in the LIB: Default FSX. The functions are too extensive to explain hear. The Saitek panel setup information is contained in the release notes. Remember to click SAVE and then Reload LUA Engine.

I suggest you start with one of the Default aircraft before progressing to the more detailed aircraft like the Q400. The default FSX config-hid.lua applies to all aircraft (displayed in Green) unless you assign a function to the same button with an aircraft specific function (displayed in black). 

This is my Default FSX assignments (taken from /modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/fsx default/cofig-hid.lua) for my Saitek throttle:

-- ## Saitek Throttle ## (06A30C2D0) ## {NoSerNum} ############

JSTK["06A30C2D0"][2]="FSX:_PARKING_BRAKES:0"
JSTK["06A30C2D0"][3]="Aileron_Trim_left"
JSTKrp["06A30C2D0"][3]="Aileron_Trim_left"
JSTKrl["06A30C2D0"][3]="Aileron_Trim_show"
JSTK["06A30C2D0"][4]="Aileron_Trim_right"
JSTKrp["06A30C2D0"][4]="Aileron_Trim_right"
JSTKrl["06A30C2D0"][4]="Rudder_Trim_show"
JSTK["06A30C2D0"][5]="Elevator_Trim_up"
JSTKrp["06A30C2D0"][5]="Elevator_Trim_upfast"
JSTKrl["06A30C2D0"][5]="Elevator_Trim_reset"
JSTK["06A30C2D0"][6]="Elevator_Trim_dn"
JSTKrp["06A30C2D0"][6]="Elevator_Trim_dnfast"

JSTKrl["06A30C2D0"][6]="Elevator_Trim_reset"

It is not a simple or quick process and takes a little planning. I hope this helps you get your system working. 

PS. The hat looks much better.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Scot,

Let's do this step by step, it won't be long:

1. LINDA start with my sim (I set this up in FSUIPC.INI)
  2. ​It recognizes my hardware. All good. Let's say I choose the CH TQ from the large icons below so I can set up buttons
  3. I flick any button, let's say 1, LINDA should recognized which one I chose ​by showing a darker box on button 1 so I can assign a function to it.

Stop! My problem is that LINDA doesn't react to any button from my hardware. So it's not about button assignments.​ There's no communication between LINDA and my hardware.

Hi Mario

There is obviously something very wrong with your set up that is difficult to diagnose from this distance. Have you ever had LINDA setup and working?

I can see from the Console output you supplied that LINDA is responding to at least one button push. What makes you think it is not? Without having a valid HID (joystick) configuration it have can produce no visible output action. You must have at least one assignment made and saved for me to see any response and to be able to help you sort out your issue.

Start with a Default aircraft and no add ons. Make sure FSX Sync is clicked and the aircraft box is outlined in Orange. Then with the Joystick page displayed pressing a button should switch to that joystick and highlight the corresponding button line.

Opening the Console and ticking GUI and LUA with Verbose selected should produce a torrent of data when a button is pressed. It should show (as in the output you posted) when a button is pressed, when it is repeated and when it is released together with the assigned function. If it has no configuration file it can not do any of this.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

12 hours ago, anthonyg96 said:

What is linda?

LINDA is a donation-ware program that makes the task of connecting various joysticks, devices and panels to your flight simulator either 32- or 64-bit (FSX/P3D). It uses FSUIPC to communicate with the aircraft and provides a wide range of aircraft specific modules to add multiple and sophisticated functions written in LUA programming language. It is widely used and much appreciated. See this article for more information.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK