Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

XP11: Alternative to XaddonManager that sorts/keeps the order of the scenery ?

I had been using xaddonmanager to disable/enable scenery.. but when you do, it always sticks it high up in the list and changes the order of the ini..

I see that xorganizer version 1.1 has the ability to sort.. but this isnt officially for xp11, so i wasnt sure to trust it..

Is there an alternative for disabling/renabling while keeping the previous order (or being able to order it within the app)...

Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Just edit scenery_packs.ini in a text editor.

Also, why do you have the need to disable scenery once sorted? Do you swap between different versions of the same airport?

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Just edit scenery_packs.ini in a text editor.

Also, why do you have the need to disable scenery once sorted? Do you swap between different versions of the same airport?

Editing is what i do, but when you have to turn off say 10 or 50 or 100 entries at a time.. its less easy.. with fsx there is sceneryconfigeditor.. you just create groups and you can save the file and uncheck entire groups.

It appears with xaddonmanager there is groups too, maybe i should test those out.

Yes it is often different versions of an airport (for testing/comparison).. but also now that i'm going all out massive Ortho4XP.. i may have times where i want to turn off certain regions of ortho or all of it at once.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Notepad++ is my scenery organizer. I'm sorry, no offense, but I'm sure it takes more time to learn the interface and quirks of a scenery organizer than it does to simply open a text editor and directly edit the file. Plus then you learn how it works & you know exactly what's there in what order. Once organized, a simple search and replace on a selected group will quickly disable or re-enable blocks of scenery.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

xOrganizer works just fine with 11. But I am also not sure what your purpose is in enabling/disabling large groups of scenery. There is no need to disable various things for different flights in X-Plane, if you are doing it because you are used to it from FSX.

I would implore even the seasoned X-Planers to give it a try. I am very comfortable editing the ini file itself (also using Notepad++, a must-have app regardless) but xOrganizer makes things very convenient (and can also immediately restore your original ini file if you are unhappy with what it is doing). It also lets you easily enable or disable plugins, lua scripts, etc. MH1212 has done a great job with it.

xOrganizer works just fine with 11. But I am also not sure what your purpose is in enabling/disabling large groups of scenery. There is no need to disable various things for different flights in X-Plane, if you are doing it because you are used to it from FSX.

I would implore even the seasoned X-Planers to give it a try. I am very comfortable editing the ini file itself (also using Notepad++, a must-have app regardless) but xOrganizer makes things very convenient (and can also immediately restore your original ini file if you are unhappy with what it is doing). It also lets you easily enable or disable plugins, lua scripts, etc. MH1212 has done a great job with it.

Its all about whether i want to fly with default XP11 or large massive GB worth of Ortho4XP regions of satellite imagery or satellite + overlay.. creating groups is a must for a quick solution for regional choices..

I had mentioned i took a look at xorganizer.. I wasnt so sure it had full group ability.

Yeah notepad++ is easy to use, i have no issues there.. i just want a few click solutions like i have with P3D and scenery config editor, so much easier.  

I'm aware you dont really need to disable/enable areas, but when you want to fly over various scenery types and have a choice, grouping is the only way to be for me.