Sign in to follow this  
jimst57

What Do You Think Is Good Recording Software?

Just wondering if you'd share you opinion on the software out there for recording?

I've tried ShadowPlay and DXTory.

Is there any you prefer to get smooth recordings?

Thanks.

Guest JustanotherPilot

+1 for OBS and comes in 64 bit version, not hit on frames

Just wondering if you'd share you opinion on the software out there for recording?

I've tried ShadowPlay and DXTory.

Is there any you prefer to get smooth recordings?

Thanks.

Hands down DXtory.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I keep coming back to Fraps, time and again, FPS hit, yes but it is a solid rock and works every time.

I tried Action with P3D and loved it so I bought it, and it is great for P3D, probably FSX too, without eating frame rates for breakfast.

But it does not want to play well with X-Plane or Aerosoft FS2.

I am going to check the OBS listed above right now and see what is is.

Aaron Tirrell

The 777 Program was recorded using an external capture card in a second PC. Sadly this won't work for the future as we're now on Prepar3D and the capture card resolution and refresh rate aren't high enough. Shadowplay looks a good bet, but at the moment I'm finding the playback choppy so it's work in progress.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

I use Fraps for both screenshots and recordings, it's never let me down and it's relatively inexpensive. One good thing about it is that I bought it absolutely years ago and can still download th most recent version of it. There is a trial version of it available, if you want to check out its suitability for what you are doing.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The 777 Program was recorded using an external capture card in a second PC. Sadly this won't work for the future as we're now on Prepar3D and the capture card resolution and refresh rate aren't high enough. Shadowplay looks a good bet, but at the moment I'm finding the playback choppy so it's work in progress.

Exactly why I've been looking around. Choppy playback.

I tried Action with P3D and loved it so I bought it, and it is great for P3D, probably FSX too, without eating frame rates for breakfast.

I tried Action and I really liked it. Easy to use, lots of options, and good performance. Thanks for the tip.

OBS definetly. You can set your own resolution to what you would like...

I tried Action and I really liked it. Easy to use, lots of options, and good performance. Thanks for the tip.

You're welcome.

I love Action, but I have got to be missing something simple in the settings for it to play with P3D and X-Plane.

I did download OBS, but have not messed with it yet.

Aaron Tirrell

Right now I'm using mostly Nvidia Shadowplay, it's the best tool and also it's directly mp4 encoded so perfect for uploading. I do videos of manythings so also sometimes It should not work and I fall back to Fraps which is old and has not been maintained, but still works quite fine. Only thing with it is to disable the steam overlay otherwise on some games it won't work. Also it does not work properly with Unreal Engine 4 based games :)

Well I bought Action and I've had lots of lot with it in the past few days.

It took a while to come up with the best settings, but I found recording .avi files (takes a LOT of disk space!) and then converting to .mp4 with the built in converter gave the best results for me.

It's easy to use, has a lot of options, and performs well for me.

• Upvote 1