Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

Downloading Weather Problem

Guest RobertK

>>Same here in the UK. ASV is still working though >>;-)>>There you go, folks. Shell out $37.99 for ASV instead of>waiting for a day or so. What a joke. Well, it's not as if Active Sky was just a replacement for genuine-MSFS real weather.It's much, much better than genuine-MSFS real weather. :)Regards,Robert, happy ASV customer.

Same here...and I had just upgraded to Corsair XMS 2 gb RAM with custom BIOS timings. You can imagine what I was thinking!!! Glad I didn't "panic".

Guest allcott

>>Same here in the UK. ASV is still working though >>;-)>>There you go, folks. Shell out $37.99 for ASV instead of>waiting for a day or so. What a joke. > Obviously you know nothing about ASV. Best money I ever spent on FS. Period. It's weather engine is so superior to Real Weather it's like comparing processed cheese to edam. x(Allcott

Guest Edam

>Or you could ask Santa for a copy!:-wave:-waveNot a chance, Skorna. I wouldn't take a copy for free. And do you REALLY want to start in again? Look what happened last time. Try to control yourself, 'ey?

Guest Edam

>Obviously you know nothing about ASV. Best money I ever spent>on FS. Period. It's weather engine is so superior to Real>Weather it's like comparing processed cheese to edam. x(Very funny there allcott. Unfortunately for you, I know plenty about AS, as I was a beta tester during the Yahoo Groups days. First it was free, then it was $15, then $20 something, now almost $40? Sorry, I'm not a sucker that will buy anything that comes down the pike, especially for imagined enhancements, and after the old "bait and switch." I see NO improvement over default weather that would make me want to spend almost $40 on it. And as you can see by this thread, there are many who still use the default weather.This isn't the only program that people here RAVE about, but comes up short when actually used. Caveat Emptor.

I thaught i was losing my mind too with the real weather problem.. Good to see that the better thinking got to me quickly enough.. I had started to fiddle with DLL files to see if they were corrupted LOL..Only to find out i couldnt connect to the zone weather server via browser either. after which i deceided to check avsim just to see if anyone was having the same problem. voila !! Thank god for the avsim forums :-hah Now if they will just bloody fix this thing so i can get my flight off the ground hehe :-8 :-8 Cheers

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Guest wildfire563

Something else to add to the wish list for FS10 - Better error handling when attempting to download weather. And perhaps multiple sources to choose from.

Guest Dizzy Duck

Well Im glad I atarted a Responce. I was about to have a coronary if I had to reinstall FS. Geesh it took me a long time to build the scenery areas not to mention all of the addons I have. Like yall I hate flying with out the real stuff except in Helicopters. Guess its time to do a little sight seeing in a chopper till this stuff comes back. Thanks for all of the replies and my ticker will survive now;;;Jim

Guest HGNK

I have discovered a bug in Real World Weather (when its working that is). I was playing around taking a static snapshot, and then trying to modify the visibility settings (so I don't get unlimited visibility all of the time when I am in the cruise at FL30+).By chance I started FS004, then went to user defined weather "before" I downloaded real weather. In user weather I simply set the visibility to say 30 miles, transition 40,000 feet. Then I downloaded real weather and the visibility in the cruise was 30 miles! It seems that real weather uses the user defined visibilty settings, and this is why I was always getting the same transition point and unlimited visibility up high - because these were the default settings when you first start up Flight Simulator. Once you have downloaded real weather you can't seem to change it though.I love using real weather now. I don't mind unlimited visibility - but not all of the time.I am waiting for the server like everyone else at the moment.

Guest jimbob2005

That's a very cool finding about the weather!!!I can't believe people are all uninstalling flightsim becasue of this! WOW. The thought of that just fills me with dread! Years of downloads and addons and changes that I wouldn't even begin to remenber how to do, and or download from again :-0Oh yes and it isn't working here either. - that puts and end to all us UK smarty pants! he he

Guest Allyn

Something else to add to the wish list for FS10 - Better error handling when attempting to download weather.Agreed. That is no valid reason for a hung weather download to lock up the program. Definitely should be addressed by Microsoft.

same here!)-: lets hope its not a "who pays for the server" isuebetwin microsoft and jeppesen.

Guest rernst

Yes, Still not working (Sunday Dec 18th).This forum is great. I spent about an hour troubleshooting this as I thought that it was something that I had caused (was working some other performance configs...). I was ready to load up FS9 on my laptop just to validate that the problem was "instance specific", but came across this thread.Thanks for the confirmation that its not me!!!