Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

Downloading Weather Problem

Guest Lemmi

I've got it! Our wifes are behind this thing! When I left my PC-room after the weather break-down my wife shook in horror and asked: Who are you??? My daughter - I hardly could remember I had one - left the house several years ago, told me my wife. Not to talk about that other guy who set at my chair at my table! ... But I will still stick to the real weather thing! :-)))Lemmi

Guest TedStriker9606

FYI this appears to be a problem with the Microsoft server. Our weather server appears to be working perfectly.Jeppesen does not actually provide weather data directly to Flight Simulator 2004 users. Microsoft connects to our weather server and converts the data for use in FS2004 then makes the converted data available on one of their servers to FS2004 users._______________________________Ted MullenGSCC AnalystCommercial/ASEL/AMEL/Instrument/CFIJeppesen PC Applications Supportemail: ted.mullen@jeppesen.comOnline: http://www.jeppesen.com

Guest vsafuto

Glad for the info. Thought I was losing my marbles.Vincent Safuto

Guest Dizzy Duck

Thanks a Million Ted. It was really a piece of luck to have you respond and shed a little light on this subject. I had already assumed that this problem was not related to Jeppesen as I had visited their (Your) website and found it to be running smoothly.I will assume that Mr Gates and his fine company will be addressing this situation in the near future, If not already working on the problem. Perhaps if someone here has an inside line to Avsim as well as Flightsim may notify the administrator of these sites and have this listed as a headline so the majority of us "hooligans" who panic and blame this on ourselves don't go through the burden of reinstalling FS9. I came #### close to it but found the Lago site could still be accessed from the program. So I used this forum to verify before I jumped off the cliff. This says alot for this site and the others who provide these free forums for our use and enjoyment. Kudos to Avsim and the others including Jeppesen who provide these great services.JIm

Guest Knikolaes

>HI Joseph..Hey gotta like these forums. Makes me realize im>normal"ha"..Flying with USER DEFINED WEATHER just doensn't do>it for me either. Like you,I am going to stay grounded..My>wife is going to wonder whats wrong with me...Regards..TerryIf I ever grounded myself my girlfriend woudl break up with me thinking I am REALLY losing it . . .

The problem is with the fs2k.zone.com server ... it is VERY SLOW!!!Load the following page:http://fs2k.zone.comI have been waiting for over 1 minute for the text to load on the page! This is what I have so far:"Flight Simulator Real-World WeatherYou

Guest Knikolaes

>How to Download Real-World Weather in Flight Simulator 2000>and 2002:>Make sure you

I think the point he was trying to make is that when accessing the page via a web browser (instead of using FS to get the weather) it is loading slowly (ie the instructions the page shows are not fully downloaded after several minutes), and thus it can be logically extended to imply that the weather server is also running like a lame pig.At least that's how I interpreted it but it has been a long day! :)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest jennifer

". . .It's weather engine is so superior to Real Weather it's like comparing processed cheese to edam. ...." You do have a sense of humour then Alcott?;-) I must admit I laughed at that one.

Guest RogePete

An external weather programm might be a nice solution. For me (who likes eye candy graphics) it's not. I like to run the FS-graphics as high as possible. Since every external programm is slowing down the pc, I like to use the FS-weather. It's not as bad as some of you might think.Anyway, I used FSMeteo (which I purchased 2 years ago) this weekend since FS-weather is down. It dropped my framerateRegards, Roger

That's right, Mark :). The comprehension is quite simple ;). I wrote:"The problem is with the fs2k.zone.com server ... it is VERY SLOW!!!Load the following page:http://fs2k.zone.comI have been waiting for over 1 minute for the text to load on the page!"Simple comprehension ;)

Did anyone try e-mailing Jeppessen and let them know their MS Real weather site is down? Maybe some webmaster is away on holiday.I'll go over to their site and see if they have a way to e-mail them.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest Knikolaes

Never heard of that site. Don;t even know what role it plays here. It's within FS that the problem is occuring, though that problem is solved now that I tried the other program :-)