Sign in to follow this  
Flyboy49

fsdt klas

I have numerous fsdt airports installed and working fine with FSGenesis mesh, this one however on a trial does not mesh at all. Anyone have this airport working okay with mesh. Any tips or tweaks that can be done?

Have a look at the FSDT support forum for FS9 KLAS; there are a couple of threads which address this issue. There's a file you can get which reduces the plateau the airport is sitting on with FSG mesh. It worked for me when I had this problem years ago.

John G.

John is right. I also had this problem and remember that someone came out with a flatten file that fixed it. I no longer use addon mesh at all - though it can be a huge improvement in giving us a more realistic world to fly in, I decided it caused so many problems like rivers running up steep hills and many other odd things that I have stored all my FS Genesis products that I paid for and just put up with the blander hills and mountains.

The only time I think addon mesh really works well is when it's part of a complete package - mesh, landclass files and scenery addons all working together. Examples are the FSAddon "Flight Zone" sceneries or Robin Corn's now freeware sceneries, especially his Marlborough one. When you see them you see the true potential of FS9. The only other place where you see that is with FSX-SE Orbyx scenery areas like Alaska, New Zealand etc.

Hi. when I try to access the forum I get a message that an error has occurred and I am banned from the forum, which is odd seeing that I have never been there before. If someone else could give the forum a try and let me know their results I would be most appreciative. Thanks, David

The forum's working fine here, and can be accessed without a registration.  Can you access the "Contact Us" button at the top of the FSDT home page?  That takes you to their support email link where you can ask them about the forum access issue.  

John G.

Hi; Thanks for the reply. No i wind up where a few other have people posted about. " An Error has occurred" Sorry guest you are banned from using the forum" That's the message i get, 

What is most frustrating is knowing the answer to my mesh issue is on the fs9 section of their forum and i can't access it.'

I suggest emailing them at (support AT virtualisoftware DOT com) and asking for assistance with the forum problem.  

John G.

Thank you for the link. I thought of e-mailing them but their website is pretty specific in what you can do. However i will definitely be sending one. Cheers John