Sign in to follow this  
groentesoep

Flight Sim Labs A320 released for P3D

Its just that bit toooooo much and now it opens the floodgates for others - I do want it and will probably succumb and go short somewhere else but brother what is happening to flt simming.

Denis B

Even if u put UAE and zero tax it is still a lot. But oh well, every product has its buyers. I wanted a bus so much that i will get it, and then curse over the CC bill and the end of the month

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Even though the price tag is hefty I was thinking about buying it. But then I opened their suggested P3D settings:

Normal scenery complexity, normal autogen, no traffic, low resolution of textures - all of it is there for a reason and I smell VAS trouble. Looking forward to some tests though.

Won't pay 175 bucks for add on where I need to dial down half of sim.

• Upvote 8

Even if u put UAE and zero tax it is still a lot. But oh well, every product has its buyers. I wanted a bus so much that i will get it, and then curse over the CC bill and the end of the month

Trust me, this plane is worth it, it's as close as your going to get to the real thing and they have more improvements coming down the line

• Upvote 1

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Can't wait to see the 744's price above 150 USD...

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Even though the price tag is hefty I was thinking about buying it. But then I opened their suggested P3D settings:

Normal scenery complexity, normal autogen, no traffic, low resolution of textures - all of it is there for a reason and I smell VAS trouble. Looking forward to some tests though.

Good point. I'd rather wait for reports and reviews.  

I have not used the P3D version yet but I have not had to turn down settings in FSX se.. I have had a few OOMS at fsdt kjfk after leaving other pay ware airports but other then that it's been fine

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Its just that bit toooooo much and now it opens the floodgates for others

Didn't that happen when PMDG released the P3D 777 for $135?  FSLabs is right in the ballpark PMDG built.

• Upvote 2

Don't blame them. The market drives it. If FSLabs didn't sell many at this price they would lower it.Don't purchase it if it's too expensive. Don't blame developers. Blame simmers who pay for it if you want to blame someone. Most are fine with the price so the developers aren't wrong. I think it's too much and it is deterring me from getting it.

I do blame developers. For me (i need to underline:for me) this is greed.

• Upvote 4

Ahmet Can

I will purchase Aerosoft version twice one for me one for my buddy, will have way more fun and still It will cost way cheaper than this insane price, with far better sim flight experience.

• Upvote 3

Arslan Nouar

I have not used the P3D version yet but I have not had to turn down settings in FSX se.. I have had a few OOMS at fsdt kjfk after leaving other pay ware airports but other then that it's been fine

Thing is I don't have them with triple 7 but I know I'm close and here I probably loose another 200 megs.

I decided to go Q400 way and max out settings while keeping vas in reasonable level.

Maybe one day when we're on 64 bit ill get this one !

I do blame developers. For me (i nee to underline:for me) this is greed.

...and greed, for a lack of a better word, is good!!! (с) 1985 :-)

• Upvote 1

The cost of entry is high. But for those of us that have already invested in the FSX version, the upgrade price to the P3D version is $39 (or was it 39 Euros?), which isn't too deadly.

It is a great add-on. My favourite ever heavy metal in 15 years of flight simming. But I still think it's currently overpriced.   I say currently because at present we have little 'extras' in terms of config utilities (a la PMDG), no custom key commands, etc, etc.   When all of these extras - that I personally expect for a 140 euro addon - are added, I think it will be worth it.

PS. On Performance > FSL released an update to the FSX version yesterday (which is presumably rolled into the P3D version), and many users (including me) are reporting a significant increase in FPS / reduction in VAS.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

I'll wait for a few days and see what people say about performance and VAS. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q