Sign in to follow this  
groentesoep

Flight Sim Labs A320 released for P3D

£149 GB

OMG

It better be good. Just bought it.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Seems like the main thing that needs to be Prepar3d, is the explanation you give your other half for spending that much on a new toy for yourself lol

Yeah it's pricey - I paid well over a ton for the FSX version of the A320 - but having said that, nobody twisted my arm up my back to make me do that, it was me who wanted it. It took them what was it? Six years? And it is undoubtedly the most complex FS add-on you can get. So I think I got what I paid for.

But even with that in mind, I think lot of what is making people stump up the cash for the FSL 'Bus, is that there really is no other one which comes that close to it for fidelity. That's not the case with a lot of other FS airliners, for example, both the iFly 747 and 737 might not be quite as fancy as the PMDG ones, but they are pretty close in most respects, yet considerably cheaper (iFly 737NG: 55 Dollars, PMDG 737NG: about 90 Dollars if you buy the expansion and the base package, which you'd need to in order to compare to the iFly package that includes all NG and BBJ variants). I have all of those FS aeroplanes, yet I still fly the iFly 737NG very often in spite of having the PMDG too, because I like the iFly one for what it offers.

So unless you want or are happy with a less complex treatment of the A320, it's kind of the only game in town. But if like me, you often quite like simpler FS aeroplanes too, then there is at least some choice, albeit not quite as much as there is with Boeings. Ultimately, I guess that is what you are paying for. Or not, as the case may be. You can vote with your wallet, it's up t

Chock is that you . Long time since you haven't been around . Good to see you back again. 

• Upvote 1

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Sure, i welcome several (or should i say all) topics related to release - not just one topic related to pricing. We dont have to read the same thing over and over again to understand it is pricey.

True... agreed... though I wouldn't expect this thread to be orderly or anything... :)

A

Guest Mik75

Wow! Thanks a lot for the heads up!

Downloading right now!

i really don't know why anyone compares this company to PMDG. I never have a VAS problem with any PMDG aircraft..and I bet most of you do not either...both the Concorde and the A320 are VAS hogs...and I bet many of you see

the same behavior.

I have not had much issues with VAS in the fsx version, it's about the same as the 777 for me...

As far as who is on par with who... in my opinion FSL has far better ground modeling and better flight dynamics than anything from PMDG but the flight management is better on PMDG products

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

The price is an absolute cheek. This is absolutely wrong.

:Shame On You: :Shame On You:

Greetings,

Dennis Gillner

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I certainly don't have my settings "looking like FS98 quality" with the FSL A320.  

• Scenery complexity at Dense
  • Autogen at Normal
  • Decent weather (OpusFSI + REX4)
  • Orbx Global / OpenLC EU
  • No AI
  • 2048 textures version of the FSL A320

So the only point there that could be significant to some, is the AI.    For scenery, do you really need more than 'normal' autogen?  You won't be looking at that much scenery, especially at low altitude - you'll be flying this beauty! :smile:

With the above settings, I fly in 75% of my addon airports with no issues at all - no VAS alerts, issues or OOMs, and around 30 FPS on the ground and 40-50 in the air (even in thick clouds).  Yes there are a small selection of addon airports that are known to be VAS hungry that I do avoid.  But I avoid those in the 777, iFly 747 and TFDi 717 too.

If you want to fly this A320 for extended periods at 3,000AGL over an Orbx region, with autogen at extremely dense, you will have problems.   With sensible settings you'll still have great visuals and with an average system should be able to enjoy it nicely.

This is all on FSX:SE - haven't tried it on P3D yet.   My system is a i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, standard Hard Drive, and a GTX 770 4GB.   Hardly cutting edge (unfortunately!).

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

The price is an absolute cheek. This is absolutely wrong.

:Shame On You: :Shame On You:

On that note, this thread has spiraled into complaints about pricing.

Thanks to the OP for letting us know the prodcut is available for P3D users.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

How does it perform in comparison to Aerosoft Airbus.. FPS wise?

Unscientific answer - it's around 15-20% heavier on FPS and VAS.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I swear if pmdg didnt start the trend of paying twice for software we would never be in the situation we are in.

Likewise with bbs (pss) and captainsim doing the pay to be a beta tester rubbish , we would also wouldn't be where we are now too

I thought it was funny on the installer options it says 1028 textures are for older systems... As if vas is non existant on new systems.

Bless them

• Upvote 3

14ppkc-6.png

On that note, this thread has spiraled into complaints about pricing.

Thanks to the OP for letting us know the prodcut is available for P3D users.

It's right- wrong place- sorry

Greetings,

Dennis Gillner

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Why is it so surprising and people reacting out of shock? Wasn't this informed when fsx version came out???

• Upvote 2