Sign in to follow this  
groentesoep

Flight Sim Labs A320 released for P3D

can anybody explain me in a simple way:

Almost all payware in apple store is refundable, even at the slightest complaint, you even do not have to give a reason ! This is how developers take the challenge to prove that their product is OK ! So what is behind the reason that certain developers refuse refund, even if it seems that some customers cannot use the product ?

• Upvote 1

With this pricing and known problems I will wait a bit more also to see what will happen with P3D (v4, 64bit, ...).

At the same time we may get also some new interesting hardware for an upgrade (see how Ryzen performs.. and maybe 1080Ti?)

For all of you having VAS issues with this new bird, what P3D version are you on?

If you're on 3.4 I would highly suggest you try reverting to 3.2 now that LM finally made previous versions available. In my and many others cases that version has been proven to be the best one when it comes to VAS management.

Worth a try I suppose for anyone who bought a product in this price range they now can't use.

Richard Åsberg

can anybody explain me in a simple way:

Almost all payware in apple store is refundable, even at the slightest complaint, you even do not have to give a reason ! This is how developers take the challenge to prove that their product is OK ! So what is behind the reason that certain developers refuse refund, even if it seems that some customers cannot use the product ?

Many addons don't have a very robust activation/installation system, which makes it difficult to enforce the removal of the product post-refund (especially if a product is not online-only). In theory, a bunch of users could start requesting refunds, but keep using the product. I've never requested a refund through the App Store, but I'd imagine it forces you to uninstall the app.

Brandon Filer

Many addons don't have a very robust activation/installation system, which makes it difficult to enforce the removal of the product post-refund (especially if a product is not online-only). In theory, a bunch of users could start requesting refunds, but keep using the product. I've never requested a refund through the App Store, but I'd imagine it forces you to uninstall the app.

Regardless, a claim could still legally be made for a refund based on European consumer law for trade description and use technically... This 'niche' market isn't excluded.

FSL has already indicated somewhere, that they will be prepared to convert it to 64 bit.

I would not hold your breath on that one, It took them a year to move it from 32bit FSX to 32bit P3D

This could be an acceptable explanation as we are indeed unable to deliver proof of deletion, arent we? Can they not disactivate the key ? Probably the addon does not do an online check when you fire up, although some programs do check the availability of updates...

Regardless, a claim could still legally be made for a refund based on European consumer law for trade description and use technically... This 'niche' market isn't excluded.

so  the user  still can use  the addon  and still claim  the refund?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

There are plenty of other developers out there who keep a same price policy, or even a one-price-for-both-products policy and they never describe struggles with special "P3D-specific features." Also, most of the updates required for P3D updates, as far as I'm aware, typically require developer DLLs to hook into updated version numbers in the P3D process and not much else...

If you develop for FSX first, then you have to make a choice: do I stick to the FSX way of coding, which (amazingly) still works in P3D or do I redevelop my addon to be P3D compliant only. P3D has many new features and options that you could use, you just have to decide if probable sales are worth the effort - or up the price.

Example: In FSX you had to use GDI+ for purely programmatic gauges, which is not the best performing tech of them all. In P3D you have the choice to either keep it like that and just recompile it with the 3.0 libraries, or to implement it again from the ground up using DirectX or Scaleform. Doing the latter will be just as much work as it was the first time for GDI+, so you either have to make the P3D version more expensive or sell even more copies of it.

On top of that there are a few things that have indeed changed in P3D and that you have to take care of. Otherwise you will run into performance or memory issues.

Only the developer can tell you if the addon that you get is of the recompiled or the reengineered type. So unless you know for a fact what the dev did or did not do I would be careful with making assumptions about the complexity of porting over the addon.

And then there is the matter of software test.

In the real world, testing the software makes up for 30% of total project effort and cost (well, OK, it should). So even if you only have to run the whole test cycle a second time, that would add 30% of additional cost to your project.

LORBY-SI

so  the user  still can use  the addon  and still claim  the refund?

Morally and legally no, you would uninstall it; but the proof of burden is on the retailer in this case and the law is very clear if you can show something is not as described.

so the user still can use the addon and still claim the refund?

No, FSlabs requires an internet connection for periodic licence validation.

No, FSlabs requires an internet connection for periodic licence validation.

yea i know  this  but  what about  other  addons

Morally and legally no, you would uninstall it;

and  if  you decide   to keep the addon and  get  the  refund  whos  going  to stop that

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

After many years as a flight simmer, I really have to wonder if some people are being stupid by design or they just cannot think for themselves.

One user on the FSL forum has complained since he has installed the A320 in P3D, he has had to run P3D as "Admin". Really ? Sorry but what a half wit lol

After reading all the posts about refunds, I shake my head in dis belief. People complain if the purchase is cheap and nasty, and then complain if it is top shelf and expensive.

Sorry, but some of you sound like spoilt brats.

• Upvote 5

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Morally and legally no, you would uninstall it; but the proof of burden is on the retailer in this case and the law is very clear if you can show something is not as described.

Which is precisely why every software EULA out there states that the developer does not warrant in any way that the product is meeting your expectations or that it is suitable for your intended use (etc.). You would have to prove that the developer promised you something that the product does not deliver, which under these circumstances is not that easy. Plus, a refund is only one of the options, the seller has a few rights too (like fixing it or reducing the price)

LORBY-SI

Which is precisely why every software EULA out there states that the developer does not warrant in any way that the product is meeting your expectations or that it is suitable for your intended use (etc.). You would have to prove that the developer promised you something that the product does not deliver, which under these circumstances is not that easy.

Forget Eula this isn't a debate, this is

Merely European law and point of sale - if you are not informed at point of sale it doesn't stand for anything as it's based on consumer information provided when entering a payment/ purchasing decision.