Did you try to leave the frames unlimited?

I do have a 4k with 60hz and any limitation of the frames gives me stutters. With frames unlimited all is running nicely.

Gruess

Dani

Yes I have tried with unlimited frames, and whilst its running at 60 or above its perfect.

The minute it drops below, the stutters appear.

Darren Palmer

Did you try temporarily removing your dll.xml and exe.xml from your setup to disable all your addons so you can see if it's a addon problem or a sim problem? That would be a good first step in getting to the bottom of this.

I have never signed into Xbox and there is no gear icon on the sign-in screen.

So can I assume it is not recording anything?

Thanks,

gb.

Correct -  I think that also gets enabled if you sign into a microsoft account too but not 100% certain of that

Correct -  I think that also gets enabled if you sign into a microsoft account too but not 100% certain of that

Ok, thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I have managed to eradicate many of the background stutters by tweaking the cfg file according to the AVSim Guide.

Flying along the sim runs as smooth as anything from 20 fps upwards. 

However, I am still stuck with the panning issue. I believe its purely related to the refresh rate of the monitor, which doesn't want to ply ball regardless of what I do.

Darren Palmer

On 1/26/2017 at 10:00 AM, dazza1980 said:

I have managed to eradicate many of the background stutters by tweaking the cfg file according to the AVSim Guide.

Flying along the sim runs as smooth as anything from 20 fps upwards. 

However, I am still stuck with the panning issue. I believe its purely related to the refresh rate of the monitor, which doesn't want to ply ball regardless of what I do.

Care to explain what you did? :) 

Frederik Pedersen

Well mostly I adjusted a number of settings describe int eh AVSim guide.

What I found gave me reduced stutters were,

Max Regions Purge Per Frame - 8

TextureMaxLoad - 6

Ground Shadow Texture - 512

Cloud Shadow Texture - 256

The latter two are quite low and do give a little flickering, but have such a good impact on frames and stutters I though it worth sacrificing.

Also, having the right Affinity Mask worked well. Mine is set at 85

Turning of volumetric fog had a decent impact on frames, up to 8 FPS.

I also used Frooglesim's Nvidia settings too:

Darren Palmer