Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Churchman

Eaglesoft Citation X II - Extremely Low FPS

Eager for a good, long-range BizJet, today I purchased the Eaglesoft Citation X II.

Jumping into FSX:SE I loaded up the plane, and was thrilled by the beautiful modelling.

But not the FPS.  I should say seconds per frame.  It's molasses!  I hover over a clickable, and it takes 5 - 10 seconds for the cursor to change so I can click it!

After about 3 minutes or so, FSX usually crashes.

The HDD is not doing anything much, CPU is around 30% (perfectly normal), and memory usage about 50%.  See my signature for specs.

I have the LDS 763, a reasonably complex aircraft, and it runs smoothly as does every other aircraft I have including several Carenado offerings like the S550, the Phenom 100 & 300, and a few Steam Embraers.  This isn't a heavy duty gaming machine I'm on, but I have things turned down appropriately.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?  I've registered for Eaglesoft forum support, but awaiting admin authorization, and my searches don't turn anything up.

Really disappointed right now...

P.S. For the record, I'm suspecting something like a weird install or setting issue...

32634443566_ac93fccbf6_t.jpg

Dan C (China Dan)
System: ASUS i7-6700K 4.0 GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1070 4GB @7680 x 1440 (3 x ASUS MX27AQ @2560 x 1440)
Software: Win 7 Ultimate SP1, FSX:SE

At 1.7 GHZ speed, don't expect much.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

At 1.7 GHZ speed, don't expect much.

It runs other planes just fine.  The citation is a slideshow.  Slow is one thing, but the "seconds-per-frame" I'm seeing, plus eventual CTD, suggest something is seriously wrong.  The aircraft obviously works on FSX:SE and WIN 7, so I believe something has gone awry for me.

I need help finding out what.

Dan C (China Dan)
System: ASUS i7-6700K 4.0 GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1070 4GB @7680 x 1440 (3 x ASUS MX27AQ @2560 x 1440)

You have something that is interfering with the aircraft.  I suspect something like WIndows Defender or some other crap.  Unlike the aircraft you list as working fine... the Citation X uses threading for all operations and thus any issues regarding frame rates for it has historically been some component of Windows being overly "excited" while the Citation X is loaded.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Dan - no technical advice from me - but stick with it while Ed and Ron sort it out with you in the support forum. This is one of the finest add ons available IMHO.

Dean

And if it doesn't work out there's always the Flight 1 refund guarantee.

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Dan - no technical advice from me - but stick with it while Ed and Ron sort it out with you in the support forum. This is one of the finest add ons available IMHO.

I hope so. I'm very excited about this add-on. Ready to try whatever the tech guys suggest.

And if it doesn't work out there's always the Flight 1 refund guarantee.

I really hope it doesn't come to that. For now, I'm confident there is a solution. My system flies other planes fine, and this plane flies on other systems similar to mine fine. I've probably screwed something up, or have a setting or three to tweak somewhere.

Dan C (China Dan)

The only time I had this sort of issue was when I reloaded a new flight plan in the sim.  I was enroute and decided to re-enter a whole new flight plan....  fps plummeted to 2-3 or so.

Other than that it's probably the easiest on performance addon ever.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The only time I had this sort of issue was when I reloaded a new flight plan in the sim.  I was enroute and decided to re-enter a whole new flight plan....  fps plummeted to 2-3 or so.

Yeah, strongly suggests I've got something wrong on my system, or something the CX doesn't like.

I got access to the ES forums a while ago... Fingers crossed they come up with an answer.

Dan C (China Dan)

SOLVED:

You can't change the tail number in the details screen.  I don't know exactly why yet; in the process of talking with Eaglesoft.

I had started thinking the WS version was my problem, so I tried the 4:3 aspect ratio model.  And it worked fine.  So I exited, changed the tail number to what I like, reloaded the aircraft... Molasses again.

As I type, I've got a WS version loaded and sitting waiting for me to learn how to fly it; smooth as silk.

Just don't change the tail number!  In the aircraft, the little plaque with the tail number is a clickable control for the pre-flight popup - possibly some hard-coding in there or something.  I don't know yet.  I figure there must be a way to change the tail number without breaking the aircraft, and if I find out the answer I'll share it here too.

For now, I have a learning curve to start climbing...

Dan C (China Dan)

The N Number placard is a gauge which reads from the aircraft.cfg. DO NOT attempt to modify it!

A simple entry in the aircraft.cfg for the specific repaint is all that is required. The default sim flight requirement has been covered...

Your GPU system probably doesn't like the WS ratio panels...

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Agreed. I'm on an older/slower setup and bought the add-on last week. Best purchase in a while, a joy to fly and I was able to turn all my scenery back up to enjoy the view.

On 23/01/2017 at 4:39 PM, softreset said:

Agreed. I'm on an older/slower setup and bought the add-on last week. Best purchase in a while, a joy to fly and I was able to turn all my scenery back up to enjoy the view.

Hello, could you tell me please which are your system specs as I'm interested on this bird and I have a 2013 Toshiba laptop with an i7~2,4-3,4 ghz and a 2gb nvidia gt740m...
Thanks in advance and merry christmas!

7 minutes ago, Carlos Amaral said:

Hello, could you tell me please which are your system specs as I'm interested on this bird and I have a 2013 Toshiba laptop with an i7~2,4-3,4 ghz and a 2gb nvidia gt740m...
Thanks in advance and merry christmas!

Carlos,

It was a 2014 MacBook Pro running Bootcamp with an 2.0GHz i7 and a 2GB VRAM Nvidia card. Don't recall the specific model, the computer was replaced 6 months.

I don't run the Citation X on my new computer, the honeymoon period was short and I routinely ran into issues with this add-on. So I uninstalled it and haven't looked back, especially after seeing how Eaglesoft was interacting with their customers in their "support" forums.

10 minutes ago, softreset said:

Carlos,

It was a 2014 MacBook Pro running Bootcamp with an 2.0GHz i7 and a 2GB VRAM Nvidia card. Don't recall the specific model, the computer was replaced 6 months.

I don't run the Citation X on my new computer, the honeymoon period was short and I routinely ran into issues with this add-on. So I uninstalled it and haven't looked back, especially after seeing how Eaglesoft was interacting with their customers in their "support" forums.

Oh I see! May I ask what kind of issues were you having with the citation? They seem to have launched a new version on September 2017 V3.02.11... If their relationship with costumers isn't that good, maybe I should go for the Ifly 737NG though...
Thanks for your answer!!

2 hours ago, Carlos Amaral said:

system specs as I'm interested on this bird and I have a 2013 Toshiba laptop with an i7~2,4-3,4 ghz and a 2gb nvidi

Carlos. 

I have been running a similar spec laptop with the Citation X and it was fine. 

Its a superb aircraft although a little dated. 

Try it. 

And be confident because of the Flight1 refund guarantee 

• Upvote 1

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.