Sign in to follow this  
hjsmuc

120fps in XP11 - just for fun

It is indeed possible, max resolution, reflections, HDR, 4K, clouds, but obviously over the plain ocean. 

desktop01.21.2017-00.0ta9o.png

and one more with an average fps (40-50)

desktop01.20.2017-21.l0u0q.png

• Upvote 5

Hans

Guest Mik75

Nice pics!

On my flights over ZL 16-18 orthophoto scenery (USA west coast), I get 50-80 fps in the SSG E170 Evo when climbing, flying at CRZ FL, and descending. Smooth as silk, can´t get any better! And it looks so extremely good!

While FPS drop to 25-40 during approach, the sim is still perfectly fluid and smooth!

dg10o74vjk0hcirpj.jpg

dg10oq5dfkkacvqo7.jpg

dg10oyomjsurlemyv.jpg

dg10p7n67peakng07.jpg

Wow Mike excellent shots  :wink:

Mike this ortho stuff - quick question do you still have factory autogen and moving vehicles with ortho ? thanks

Rich Sennett

Guest Mik75

Wow Mike excellent shots  :wink:

Thanks a lot, buddy!

i just can´t stop flying... ;-)

Thanks a lot, buddy!

i just can´t stop flying... ;-)

See my edited post please Brother

Rich Sennett

Guest Mik75

See my edited post please Brother

Yes, I use HD mesh v3 and stock XPX scenery to build the overlays. Can be done by selecting a folder and ticking an option in Ortho4XP. Works in single tile and batch mode, without any flaws. You then have highways, moving traffic, trees, buildings...

Yes, I use HD mesh v3 and stock XPX scenery to build the overlays. Can be done by selecting a folder and ticking an option in Ortho4XP. Works in single tile and batch mode, without any flaws. You then have highways, moving traffic, trees, buildings...

Hi Mike can you post a quick tut to try a few tiles to see how it works ? and link to needed software - would be appreciated - I have hd mesh v3 no problem there

Rich Sennett

On my flights over ZL 16-18 orthophoto scenery (USA west coast)

Great pics, Michael! I have been flying in P3D the last couple of days with AS16 and the more I compare it to xEnviro, I come to the conclusion that xEnviro looks even better than AS16. Sounds unbelievable for all the P3D/AS16 fanb##s, but it is what it is...

Hi Mike can you post a quick tut to try a few tiles to see how it works ? and link to needed software - would be appreciated - I have hd mesh v3 no problem there

This is a good tutorial to start with, Rich:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhr4xYosVvI

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Great pics, Michael! I have been flying in P3D the last couple of days with AS16 and the more I compare it to xEnviro, I come to the conclusion that xEnviro looks even better than AS16. Sounds unbelievable for all the P3D/AS16 fanb##s, but it is what it is...

xenviro is going to get a lot better Carlo hang in there - need to get XP11 rtm version first

Thank you hope this is the way Mike is doing it dont want to loose my factory autogen 

Rich Sennett

Guest Mik75

This is a good tutorial to start with, Rich:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhr4xYosVvI

Thanks a lot!

And I am with you, xEnviro looks more realistic! ;-)

dont want to loose my factory autogen 

Make sure you do the overlay, either from HD Mesh or from stock XP11 data. That gives you roads and stock autogen. 

You can either do Ortho4XP with that overlay only or also add a World2Xplane layer which, depending on how you set the preferences, can give you roads also. I usually work with all three layers which gives me the photoreal base from Ortho4XP, the stock autogen and trees from XP and the roads and additional OSM buildings and objects from World2Xplane. 

Hans

Guest Mik75

xenviro is going to get a lot better Carlo hang in there - need to get XP11 rtm version first

Thank you hope this is the way Mike is doing it dont want to loose my factory autogen

Rich, I´ve downloaded Ortho4XP from the org.

Actually not directly from the org, but you better check the profile on the org forum of the guy who developed the tool, and there´ll you find a link (I think to his dropbox, or Googledrive) from which you can download the latest version! That should be v1.20.

In the download, there are links to 2 videos, showing the installation of the tool. Please follow them carefully. You´ll have to download Python, and a few scripts for it, but if you do it, the way he does it in the videos, you´ll be good to go in 10 minutes!

Once installed, it is simply a matter of selecting the tile on the provided map (or many of them in batch mode), and the rest is pure magic. Depending on the ZL (i use mostly 16-17), you´ll have a tile done in less than 15 minutes, and it´s totally automatic!

If you don´t want to download additional files (HD mesh v3), you can select the XP default scenery folder for the overlays. That will take care of the buildings, the roads and the resulting traffic. The mesh gets build by the tool automatically.

dg11um94s03x1m953.jpg

If you use the Batch mode (for multiple tiles), check the "Build masks" and "Build overlays" Options and then select "Batch build", that´s all!

After the tiles have been processed, you can even activate them in your scenerypack.ini by hitting the tiles with CTRL + left click on the tile map of Ortho4XP. The tool and the tiles can be placed on any drive (I have a 5TB USB3 external HDD for it), which is extremely convinient as well.

The only thing you MUST do once, is adding the yOrtho4XP_Overlays folder manually to the Custom Scenery folder of XP. That´s important for the overlays to show up in your sim!