Sign in to follow this  
hjsmuc

120fps in XP11 - just for fun

Thank you guys have to give this a go - do a small area see what happens   :wink:

Rich Sennett

You´ll have to download Python

I think for the newest version you don't need to install Python anymore. It is a self contained exe file.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I think for the newest version you don't need to install Python anymore. It is a self contained exe file.

Hi Carlo I installed python before seeing your post but not sure what Mike means about scripts - video link did have the latest version of ortho

Rich Sennett

Guest Mik75

Wow, ok, that would be super convinient!!! I have v1.20 running.

However, give it a go, Rich, you´ll love it, most definitely.

No way to go back to generic scenery, once you´ve flown over the real deal! ;-)

And it´s all FOR FREE! ;-)

Now, sorry for hijacking this thread! ;-)

Wow, ok, that would be super convinient!!! I have v1.20 running.

However, give it a go, Rich, you´ll love it, most definitely.

No way to go back to generic scenery, once you´ve flown over the real deal! ;-)

And it´s all FOR FREE! ;-)

Now, sorry for hijacking this thread! ;-)

Sounds good Mike assuming I will need a lot of hd space - should be worth it - hope it doesnt take forever for sim to start up as it does not load up as quick once I loaded up the hd mesh

Rich Sennett

Guest Mik75

Hi Carlo I installed python before seeing your post but not sure what Mike means about scripts - video link did have the latest version of ortho

I mean the video provided wth the original download of Ortho4XP.

You need GIMP, a few other tools and a few Python scripts from another website. And you have to install them by using Windows command console. But it´s all explained step by step.

That´s at least what I had to do.

Maybe the new version does it all automatically...

Sounds good Mike assuming I will need a lot of hd space - should be worth it - hope it doesnt take forever for sim to start up as it does not load up as quick once I loaded up the hd mesh

Get yourself an external HDD, USB3, they are cheap.

My sim doesn´t take any longer to boot up, and Initial loading times haven´t increased at all!

I mean the Video provided wth the download link of Ortho4XP.

You Need GIMP, a few other Tools and a few Python scripts from another website. And you have to install them by using Windows command console. But it´s all explained step by step.

Gimp for what ? video didnt mention anything about scripts or gimp

Rich Sennett

Guest Mik75

Gimp for what ? video didnt mention anything about scripts or gimp

Ortho4XP utilises GIMP in the background.

Please Rich, watch the video about the installation process, provided with the original download of Ortho4XP, done by the creator of Ortho4XP, not the video linked here in this thread! ;-)

Ortho4XP utilises GIMP in the background.

Please Rich, watch the video about the installation process, provided with the original download of Ortho4XP, done by the creator of Ortho4XP, not the video linked here in this thread! ;-)

Ok thanks Mike  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Guest Mik75

Ok thanks Mike  :wink:

Just look for "Ortho4XP" on the org forum.

The creator of the tool is "Oscar Pilote"

he has the link to his dropbox in his forum signature, download it from there.

Here is the video about the installation of the python version I use:

I´ve just seen that he provides an "exe" version now as well, just as Carlito mentioned above.

Not sure about that one though, I use the "Python" version.

Latest version is 1.20b. Comes with all you need. Looking forward to see your first scenery, Rich.

Hans

Latest version is 1.20b. Comes with all you need. Looking forward to see your first scenery, Rich.

Thank you my friend  :drinks:

Rich Sennett

It is indeed possible, max resolution, reflections, HDR, 4K, clouds, but obviously over the plain ocean. 

desktop01.21.2017-00.0ta9o.png

I don't want to spoil your joy, but ... it seems that you have an older version of the discreet fps plugin. Meanwhile there is a newer one available for XP11.

Try to enable also the XP11 fps output and compare it to the discreet fps output. It might work correct for you, but sometimes it does not (some background: see here).

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

It is indeed possible, max resolution, reflections, HDR, 4K, clouds, but obviously over the plain ocean. 

Yeah, when I saw the name of the thread, my eyebrows went up, and I clicked to see how you were accomplishing the title, as I was struggling to get 50fps over Hawaii last night after reading that FPS had risen with the new update!  :smile:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5