Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

Latest X Plane 11 Update crashes when launching flight

Get the  Be Advised screen:

Null Texture - How ?

Ref = 388

(tman.cpp:288)

Then it crashes. I've read about the 2 monitor setting thing, I have 2 monitors but it only shows the one in settings.

What's up?

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Get the  Be Advised screen:

Null Texture - How ?

Ref = 388

(tman.cpp:288)

Then it crashes. I've read about the 2 monitor setting thing, I have 2 monitors but it only shows the one in settings.

What's up?

Joe

same here

Have you guys rebooted - I  noticed this a lot after tinkering most the time I just restart sim and eventually it runs fine but after updating reboot 

Rich Sennett

Well loaded up PB7 and also kept getting crash report screen -in my case what I did was change the last airport you were at to something different before launching and that cleared it up also xenviro is a bit broken now - you no longer have aircraft shadows on aircraft or on the ground - shut off xenviro and shadows are back

Rich Sennett

rebooted but still crash

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at System.ServiceModel.ICommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.System.ServiceModel.ICommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
   at XPlane10.SPADServiceProxy.CheckConnection()
0:01:46.161 W/SCN: Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/apt.dat:
0:01:46.161 W/SCN: Traffic flow rule of airport EGHJ found in file indicated above does not contain a valid 1100 runway use rule. Without runway, the rule is incomplete. I'm ignoring this rule.
0:01:46.161 W/SCN: Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/apt.dat:
0:01:46.161 W/SCN: Traffic flow rule of airport EGHJ found in file indicated above does not contain a valid 1100 runway use rule. Without runway, the rule is incomplete. I'm ignoring this rule.
0:01:46.325 D/STM: Transitioning from state state_NormalLoading to state_Normal
0:01:46.325 D/FCG: MTBF set to 10000.0 hours
0:01:50.782 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:01:50.782 E/SYS: | Null texture - how?
0:01:50.782 E/SYS: |
0:01:50.782 E/SYS: | ref=   388
0:01:50.782 E/SYS: |
0:01:50.782 E/SYS: | (tman.cpp:288)
0:01:50.782 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--=={This application has crashed!}==--

rebooted but still crash

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

Try changing aircraft start location as stated

Rich Sennett

Mine is crashing after loading a new flight.  There's isn't a reason for the error though.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Mine is crashing after loading a new flight.  There's isn't a reason for the error though.

keep trying also change to another aircraft and starting airport - also move out plugins just to get it working order then put it back i moved flylua but dont think that was the issue for me it was my runway I had previously had been using in PB6

Rich Sennett

I moved locations.  It still CTD.  What I've found though is that it will actually load, I can see the VC and sim environment but then it hangs.

I'll try the plugins checking. I had just updated FWL too.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

i have rebuild the preferences folder

the crash i described above is caused by the X-Plane Joystick Settings.prf

empty preferences folder and let xplane build a new one and replace it in your original preferences folder

now it start - and managed to keep all my settings as before - just have to re-calibrate yokes / pedals

Mine was the LUA plugin

I deleted it temporarily and the sim loaded

arsenal you mentioned the prf file.  Last night I had a FWL error about joystick settings...  interesting.  Maybe LUA patched the issue with pb6 but pb7 changed it again hehe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Mine was the LUA plugin

arsenal you mentioned the prf file.  Last night I had a FWL error about joystick settings...  interesting.  Maybe LUA patched the issue with pb6 but pb7 changed it again hehe.

There you go Ryan - glad to help

Rich Sennett

Mine was a complete new fresh install no plugins, clean window install and it was crashing every time,I tried alll the differen work arround in different forums nothing worked for me.

I found a way to make it work, start with a different old aircraft like the Stinson, once loaded you can change the aircraft and it works.

Another way is disabling the start with the engines running option. I had this option because it was a fresh install, by disabling the option it seems to be loading fine.

Mine was the LUA plugin

yea possible

i have 2 yokes - i use lua too but not right now - i have also tested with lua before i change the prf file - still crashing. Only when i empty the resources folder - restart the sim worked.

i than put back all my files and leave the new prf worked.

as long as it works - it is all well ! - worth the pain - this new beta is smooooth like silk in flight !

Latest update? What's the latest update? please post especifically what Public Beta.

Tomás Fabada Castellana