Sign in to follow this  
sascha

Another EVO update

Hi all,

I have compiled all updates released in 2016 together with some new updates and uploaded the lot to the dropbox for an easy download. It was getting cluttered. Look for a directory called 2016_complete_updates. You only need the stuff from the zip files in this directory, all earlier updates are replaced. Install by dropping the files into the FS directories indicated in the zip name.

Regards,

Sascha

We LOVE YOU Sascha! :dance:  Am about to download and install now

Many thanks Sascha for this update!

But may it be that the file for Scenery\world\texture is somehow corrupted? Within five attempts to download the file, it always stops at 314 of 405 MByte. Does anyone else have this problem, too?

Cheers,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Maybe the file is too large already? I tried downloading it and it worked though.

I added another halo.bmp by request. It has smaller and brighter lights as seen in the screenshot below. It is in the 2016_complete_updates directory and goes into your fs9/texture/folder.

8mtAaHh.png

Many thanks Sascha.  No problems with downloads here.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

No problems with download either... Sorry Harald - hope you can get it sorted out soon. Sascha - I have often thought of asking you if it would be possible to do what  you've now done - combine everything together into a single installation process. As you develop new updates, I hope you can continue to do this but if it's a hassle we will all understand.

I have a request.... Is there any chance you could do an alternative set of inland water textures that would give us frozen rivers and lakes during hard winter? I always hoped REX would give us that but it never happened. I realize that the water textures aren't "seasonal" so we would have to remember to reinstall the right textures before starting the sim to match what season we plan to use, but that's pretty easy. I already do something similar by changing the trees.su texture to give more palm trees if I'm planning to fly somewhere where palm trees would be the dominant trees and then change back to the regular one before flying in cooler climate areas...

Just a thought

Ian

ps. Before someone mentions it, yes I do know there's a download in the library that is supposed to do this but it doesn't work - or at least not in my installation anyway

Whatever I try - different browsers, Sandbox or not, even with another computer - I have no luck. After 314 or 315 MByte the download fails. (Yes, I have downloaded much bigger files with my PC before...)

Sascha, could you please consider uploading those files, which you updated between your last November updates and the "big" one in a separate upload? Many thanks!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I have a request.... Is there any chance you could do an alternative set of inland water textures that would give us frozen rivers and lakes during hard winter?

Shouldn't be much of a problem. I'll whip something up in the next couple of days, if you will help me tweak which files appear where we should get a good result

Sascha, could you please consider uploading those files, which you updated between your last November updates and the "big" one in a separate upload? Many thanks!

I'll just split the big one into separate files, I mixed back and forth with several versions so they are not easy to track by dates as some are actually older.

Cheers,

Sascha

Of course I'd be more than happy to help Sascha!!! :BigGrin:

Oh, many thanks Sascha!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Whatever I try - different browsers, Sandbox or not, even with another computer - I have no luck. After 314 or 315 MByte the download fails. (Yes, I have downloaded much bigger files with my PC before...)

Yes, same result/problem here. I tried it 2 times, both failed. I´m using Opera and will now try IE.

Same result with IE

Uploading a split files for the scenery/texture update now, should be online in 10 minutes.

Edit: Finished upload. Let me know if this helps please.

• Upvote 1

Hi Sascha,

yes, it worked now.

Many many thanks again!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg