Sign in to follow this  
sascha

Another EVO update

Just uploading frozen inland water to the 2016_complete_updates folder. Also one normal replacement water file: 001b2wa1.bmp, which was broken.

The frozen water is beta, there will probably be some banding. Will work on this more.

Best wishes,

Sascha

Claudio, it's in the dropbox. Look for a new directory called 2016_complete_updates.

Sascha...the in-land frozen water is very, very nice.  A question, though.

Are these frozen water textures controlled by the Hard Winter Season grouping, and then if you go towards warmer climes, open water will appear?  Do you need to remove these and overwrite textures to get back open water inland lakes, etc?  In other words, will months of Summer and Fall, in colder climes, show open water, or will it all still render as frozen with having installed these add-on frozen inland water texture sets?

Sascha,

I have no experience with dropbox and therefore have no idea how to get the complete 2016 update.

Can you help me please with directions to the download.

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

In other words, will months of Summer and Fall, in colder climes, show open water, or will it all still render as frozen with having installed these add-on frozen inland water texture sets?

Mitch, the water textures in FS9 are not linked to the seasons, it's one size fits all I'm afraid. The frozen ones should however only appear in colder areas, however as water is also landclass controlled that depends on installed scenery, also. So for spring, summer, fall you will need to overwrite with the originals. I will upload these to the dropbox for convenience now.

Can you help me please with directions to the download.

Tony, look in the original dropbox link, you will find several directories there including the 2016_complete_updates. If you haven't got the link please send me a pm and I'll mail it to you again.

Cheers,

Sascha

I haven't looked into this for a while. Last time I tried I didn't get it going properly, maybe I will find time to try again.

Thank you for the quick response to my request for frozen water Sascha. About to download and give it a try! :smile:

Enjoy! I forgot to add the recommendation that water reflections and detail be turned off.

Sascha,

Thanks for your email. will download and install as soon as possible.

Very much appreciated.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Mitch, the water textures in FS9 are not linked to the seasons, it's one size fits all I'm afraid. The frozen ones should however only appear in colder areas, however as water is also landclass controlled that depends on installed scenery, also. So for spring, summer, fall you will need to overwrite with the originals. I will upload these to the dropbox for convenience now.

Tony, look in the original dropbox link, you will find several directories there including the 2016_complete_updates. If you haven't got the link please send me a pm and I'll mail it to you again.

Cheers,

Sascha

Hi Sascha, just to let you know...that I flew out of KPGD, Punta Gorda, FL, and the water was frozen, for inland lakes FEB 12.  I guess, that you just have to swap in or out, the frozen water textures, before you take to a flight originating out of a warmer state, in Winter.  No problem, though...the frozen water textures are great...and it is...what it is.... :)

Cheers,

Ses

I guess, that you just have to swap in or out, the frozen water textures, before you take to a flight originating out of a warmer state, in Winter.

Yes, chances are you will get ice in the tropics :)