Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

X-Plane PB8 is out

FPS are much higher on my system.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

AI CTD when on the ground is fixed. 

And frames are really good, 80fps in the default 737 VC, like that. 

Hans

A gateway airport update, the steam page going live...they are getting ready to do a full release and that's disconcerting given the amount of (obvious) issues not addressed yet. I was hoping they'd at least do something as mundane as fix the sky first.

• Upvote 1

Yes,

Happy to report an improvement in FPS, my old system can hold 30 FPS in the 737 with moderate setting....but clouds any sort just start it pausing/stutters...

I take it that the Enviro addon is not so hard on the system...my have to invest in that if I go for the full RTM version of Xplane...but in the meantime a good step forward this Beta.

Cheers 

Some improvement in FPS but 90% of the flights are crashing with Ortho Scenery at the airport, i am using the same Ortho in XP10 and it works without any issues.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

A gateway airport update, the steam page going live...they are getting ready to do a full release and that's disconcerting given the amount of (obvious) issues not addressed yet. I was hoping they'd at least do something as mundane as fix the sky first.

Best not to jump to conclusions.

Did you try deleting your preferences file and retrying?

I just tried that and it appeared to be working again. I went through and set all my controls, calibrated, etc. Was mostly fine except I couldn't get my toe brakes working at all. I quit, restarted, then back to crashing. I'll send another bug with more details.

Thanks for the suggestion, it at least partially worked :)

What are you talking about? Steam page has been up since December.

• Upvote 1

yea pb8 broke my sim, sitting on the ramp at lhbp inside cockpit shows im on grass, if you pan above aircraft the concrete shows up. very weird , i had ortho for this area and removed it, but the same issue is still there. any clues? 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

yea pb8 broke my sim, sitting on the ramp at lhbp inside cockpit shows im on grass, if you pan above aircraft the concrete shows up. very weird , i had ortho for this area and removed it, but the same issue is still there. any clues? 

Did you trash your prefs?

yes, didnt work. 

Did you trash your prefs?

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

10 bucks Ben won't fix the sky before XP11 goes final.

• Upvote 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

PB8 is working nice, other than that huge moon. Here's a nice shot leaving CYYZ (Toronto Pearson) en-route to CYUL, out the side window you can see the CN Tower, and the surrounding skyscrapers poking through the cloud. Weather is X-Enviro. Not bad fps (steady 30+) for a aging i7 2600k at 4.5 ghz (nice overclock), Gtx 670 4gb (big overclock, 2560x1080 res), 16gb ram, and medium - high settings, HDR on. And, using payware aircraft, FF 767. If things continue to improve from the current state, great.

toronto_zps6yzmrsmp.jpg

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

I'm not seeing any miraculous increase in frame rates, but the short test I did gave me rock steady performance, so that's good.

• Upvote 1