Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

X-Plane PB8 is out

Already lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Already lol

Much better fps than PB7 - was around 25 now 50 nice 

Rich Sennett

x-plane-2017-01-20-21-04-17-63.jpg

I am getting ~50 FPS with pb8, where before I was getting ~35 FPS.

i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB (X-Plane 11, X-Plane 10)

i7-2630QM 2.0Ghz, 12GB RAM, GTX560M 3GB (X-Plane 9, FSX, FS2004)

I get a CTD with PB8. Automatic crash report sent. It happens while the flight is loading. I tried a few airports with the C172.

That's really quite the moon. Was like a cars headlights in my eyes the whole time climbing out. Really highlights the pretty night sky banding.

moon_zpskbzug1sp.jpg

And from the ground. Is anyone else seeing this, or is it a problem just at my end?

moon2_zpsjdthgusj.jpg

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

I get a CTD with PB8. Automatic crash report sent. It happens while the flight is loading. I tried a few airports with the C172.

Did you try deleting your preferences file and retrying?

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

There indeed is something here in regards to the framerate - I'm seeing not only better fps, but better balancing of CPU vs GPU use as well.

I had written a post regarding an issue where I noticed a drop in fps when viewing scenery through cockpit glass on 3rd party aircraft, particularly with VSync on. I did post a bug report regarding my findings - not sure if my bug report meant anything, but it would seem that the issue, for the most part, has completely disappeared in pb8:

This very same scene gave 33 fps in PB6:

XEsISLZ.jpg

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

About 5-6 fps for me going from Pb6 to pb8 (in VR 3840 mode, AA off in sim, AA8x in FI).   Still cant go above 2x AA in sim without tanking the ATW frame rate and dipping to around 25 fps in sim (uses about 7800MB vram at "high" textures).

I'm also noticing something odd with the weather/clouds.. i disable xenviro 1.04, default weather seems to auto download and it seems better somehow (the clouds), i think.. unless xenviro is still somehow active despite being off, maybe a glitch here, further testing needed.  edit: was definitely a glitch, cloud textures still appear dark and ugly when xenviro is truly disabled.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Smooth and stable here. Nothing to complain and nothing to write home abaout.

More testing - definitely seeing a bit better frames (sort of), but the thing I'm most happy about is the "Updated Gateway airport export." part of the notes. They did indeed do a new pull of gateway airports, which it didn't seem they had done in some time - I had updated 50 or so of my older gateway airports to take advantage of 10.50 features over the last few months, and none of those updated airports were in the betas yet. They are now, along with a good handful of ones I'd built since.

Now I get to fly to any of *my* spots, without having to go to the extra effort of pulling them from the gateway as I want them.  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Big difference in frames between windowed and fullscreen mode - windowed mode being higher, but with intermittent lagging or stutters.  Seems like it is locking the frames in fullscreen.  In fullscreen I get 20 or 30 FPS, but nothing in between (Seattle), depending where I'm looking.  As soon as I switch to windowed mode frames range from the low 30s to high 40s in the same scenario.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Umm 100% increase in FPS from one beta to the next in 24 hours?

Great, another couple of beta and we'll be better than Aerofly2 ...  :dance:

• Upvote 2

I see the same with my system: Close to 20 in fullscreen-mode and between 30 and 40 windowed. V-sync off. As I use very-wide-screen res (5720x1200) Im looking for the best possible framerate. But I dont like flying with those big bars on top and bottom of the screen. Any idias what is the purpose of this and evetually a workaround...?

Otherwise great update

Marcel