Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

X-Plane PB8 is out

And something else to notice: These airports (just off the top of my head) should now feature the new ground-truck routes and services:

KSEA

KBFI

KFLG

KPSP

KSNA

KATL

KDFW

EGLL

EDDF

EDDG

EDDS

EDFE

EDFL

LOWI

Austin also "fixed" the trucks parking - they will now park exactly the way they started out, so the airport does not end up looking like a 2 year old played with it for a while...

There are still a lot of shortcomings with the trucks, most visibly they clip through stuff all the time - the plan is to add some awareness to buildings/objects/other vehicles in the future. This all comes at the cost of AI processing time, so they will likely never be really smart.

I still think they provide a good "busy airport" background, even if they will never behave totally realistic.

Jan

You must have missed this for the pulling issue post #253 worked for me - make sure you put it where it belons

http://www.avsim.com/topic/501713-beta-6-is-out/page-17

I did and i didn't.  I was hesitant to make any changes to the default model in order to see if it gets fixed before final release, but I figured now it wouldn't hurt, since I backed up the default model.  :smile:

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I did and i didn't.  I was hesitant to make any changes to the default model in order to see if it gets fixed before final release, but I figured now it wouldn't hurt, since I backed up the default model.  :smile:

There is no need to backup the defaults, when you run the installer, it will ask you to put the original back for every file you changed.

Also it is not necessary to remove / reinstall XPlane completely, as I read so often, just delete the suspected files and run the installer again, it will download them. 

Usually this means only the preferences folder (X-Plane 11/Output/Preferences).

Ben recommended in one of his blogposts, that in case of problems, to try this: delete the Output/Preferences folder, run the installer and let it overwrite any file it finds.

What also helps is to remove any added original plugin from Resources/Plugins. Noteworthy are  FlyWithLua (it broke recently after some of the beta releases) and headshake / xcamera plugins (the last 2 because they are known to disable mouselook in xplane 11).

There is no need to backup the defaults, when you run the installer, it will ask you to put the original back for every file you changed.

Also it is not necessary to remove / reinstall XPlane completely, as I read so often, just delete the suspected files and run the installer again, it will download them. 

Usually this means only the preferences folder (X-Plane 11/Output/Preferences).

Ben recommended in one of his blogposts, that in case of problems, to try this: delete the Output/Preferences folder, run the installer and let it overwrite any file it finds.

What also helps is to remove any added original plugin from Resources/Plugins. Noteworthy are  FlyWithLua (it broke recently after some of the beta releases) and headshake / xcamera plugins (the last 2 because they are known to disable mouselook in xplane 11).

I am well aware of what the installer does, each time I update the betas.  It takes a little longer than usual because I have to say "no" to a lot of what XP11 wants to overwrite, since I have a lot of customization in place.  The reason I back up the C172 now is due to the odd changes occurring with the betas, in relation to the C172.  It's become my primary test aircraft for the beta (as well as being an enjoyable aircraft to fly).  No need to read into this anymore than it is.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I can vouch for the improvement. I installed beta 3 some time ago and it was a stuttering mess on my machine.

Just flown a circuit from KRNT in beta 8 - smooth as silk, so caved and bought the full version.

Now downloading just USA, ANZ and Europe from their slow servers. So might be done by tonight

Not sure, and need to do more testing, but it seems they also tweaked the toe-brake axis. Doesn't seem to go from one extreme to the next with each press.. Was very hard to keep the C172 on the runway while braking on landing now it holds the centerline very well, for me anyway.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Good old Xplane strikes again. All I did was add three different stock AI planes and when I clicked to go back into the program a warning came up (cannot locate sound bank) and Xplane crashes. 

A real problem because I cannot get into Xplane to remove those stock AI aircraft as it crashes now when opening the program. 

I guess delete Xplane and start over....or maybe forget about this poorly coded mess.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

hey guys for me I haven't been able to get pb8. I run the updater and it keeps finding the latest version as pb6.
I don't know how to make the Installer find pb8. I even tried running a separate installer downloaded from x-plane.com and still nothing..  :mad:

I wonder what else I can do to get that beta.

I have the checkbox selected on the sim to get new version notification and also in the installer to check new betas.

Sucks to have to download everything again.

Teo

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Good old Xplane strikes again. All I did was add three different stock AI planes and when I clicked to go back into the program a warning came up (cannot locate sound bank) and Xplane crashes. 

A real problem because I cannot get into Xplane to remove those stock AI aircraft as it crashes now when opening the program. 

I guess delete Xplane and start over....or maybe forget about this poorly coded mess.

Or, maybe stop using a beta release and wait for an official release. The only big issue I had with this "poorly coded mess" was the fps drop a few betas back.

Weird about your issue is that I also use stock AI airplanes and don't have a problem. Can you remember which one you've added? I use the 747, 737 and the Baron.

• Upvote 1

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Those are the exact three planes I added to AI section. I know this is a beta but having no way to fix other than delete and start over again is frustrating. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Try deleting the aircraft and preferences folders and let the installer rebuild it. 

Hans

Please read my post above ! no need to delete everything, just delete the X Plane11/Output/Preferences folder and then run the installer again.

Jimm, I was addressing the posts like this one, I understand the need to make a copy for testing ... . 

Actually, deleting the preferences should do the job. I just tried adding AI aircraft, doing so and saving the flight changes the first nine prf files in the preferences folder. So deleting the preferences would be my best guess to get rid of the non compliant AI aircraft. 

Hans

Thanks for the ideas but deleting the preference folder loses my joystick settings. I might try the airplane folder instead. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

deleting the preference folder loses my joystick settings.

Make a backup of the Joystick preferences prf file first. Then delete the preferences folder and see if the sim starts. Then copy the backup file back into the folder and the joystick settings should work again. 

Hans