Sign in to follow this  
x-plane 123

A.T.S MD82 released!

As the title says, the A.T.S MD82 was just released! You can pick her up over at the org store. Hopefully I'll be purchasing her soon, but looking forward to what others have to say in the mean time.

I have been waiting for this beautiful Maddog for a long time.  I'm getting ready to install it now.

It's amazing that this plane comes out at the same day as the FSL A320X for P3D.  I'll have to wait to try out the A320X though. Although I've wanted them both, I've been even more excited about this MD 82-83.

......Wow!! This MD 82 is loaded with manuals.  I may have to get all of these printed out!

A lot of missing features. Hopefully it is a killer addon on this release.

"Features not available in first release:

FMS

1) OFFSET data management (hard to implement but willing to add it). OFFSET data path thus not displayed on EFIS displays

2) DESCENT FORECAST page (like OFFSET hard to implement but willing to add it)

3) FMS OVRD management (will be added later)

4) ENG OUT page (will be added later)

5) ABEAM data (not yet fully understood how it works so it will be added later, if possible)

6) Custom waypoints (manually specified points such LAT/LON, PBD or course intersection are not actual possible)

7) EXEC key must be pressed in the same page where changes has been done (willing to fix this in later upgrades)

8) Holdings are limited to three for a single flight plan and there is no wind correction

9) VNAV implemented at a basic level, some situations could not be considered or erroneously managed (due unplanned situations or implementation issues)

10) For unknown reasons some flight plans sections could suddenly disappear from EFIS when in MAP mode, setting the range to an higher value make them visible again

11) PROGRESS page 2 (not satisfied about actual displayed data accuracy so I have disabled it, will be restored as soon as I will fix it)

12) not yet implemented a function to save a manually inserted flight plan

3d internal/external graphic

1) Cargo/service pax/pressure valve doors not animated (actually they are only drawn, we'll wait for user feedback)

2) Wingflex (will be included later)

3) Tabs on elevator, rudder and ailerons (operational but not yet animated by script, will be fixed later)

4) Animated cockpit windows (not actual planned, maybe later and depending by user feedback)

5) Animated oxygen masks (not actual planned)

6) Circuit Breakers: there're a very large number of them so after an evaluation about cost-benefit ratio we decided not to plan this feature right now, in the future we could possibly think at some of them (we are open to receive suggestions from users about that feature)

7) dynamic/static reflections on instruments (not possible on XP10 for our own technical reasons, probably implemented on XP11)

8) fog/ice effects on windows (will be included later)

Miscellaneous

1) reversers volume control manageable but not yet operative

Plugins

1) Smartcopilot: configuration file originally planned but not created due time constraints, we'll prepare it later (custom configuration files not supported as we'll not provide the list of needed custom datarefs given the overall complexity of the systems)

2) Xsaitekpanels: this plugin is actually incompatible and causes problems to the plane thus is not supported, we'll provide a configuration file only if we'll be satisfied with our own tests (like for Smartcopilot we'll not provide the list of needed datarefs)

3) DataRefTool: plugin not fully compatible, we saw some problems on the plane caused by it so it's not supported.

4) XPrealWX: for unknown reasons it isn't compatible with our UpdateManager plugin so if you have XPrealWX installed, there's an update available and you choose to accept it the UpdateManager will crash during the update process and you have very good chances that the simulator will crash too: the only solution is to close XP, physically remove XPrealWX (disabling it through the plugin menu is not enough) and then go with the update process."

A lot of missing features. Hopefully it is a killer addon on this release.

"Features not available in first release:

FMS

1) OFFSET data management (hard to implement but willing to add it). OFFSET data path thus not displayed on EFIS displays

2) DESCENT FORECAST page (like OFFSET hard to implement but willing to add it)

3) FMS OVRD management (will be added later)

4) ENG OUT page (will be added later)

5) ABEAM data (not yet fully understood how it works so it will be added later, if possible)

6) Custom waypoints (manually specified points such LAT/LON, PBD or course intersection are not actual possible)

7) EXEC key must be pressed in the same page where changes has been done (willing to fix this in later upgrades)

8) Holdings are limited to three for a single flight plan and there is no wind correction

9) VNAV implemented at a basic level, some situations could not be considered or erroneously managed (due unplanned situations or implementation issues)

10) For unknown reasons some flight plans sections could suddenly disappear from EFIS when in MAP mode, setting the range to an higher value make them visible again

11) PROGRESS page 2 (not satisfied about actual displayed data accuracy so I have disabled it, will be restored as soon as I will fix it)

12) not yet implemented a function to save a manually inserted flight plan

3d internal/external graphic

1) Cargo/service pax/pressure valve doors not animated (actually they are only drawn, we'll wait for user feedback)

2) Wingflex (will be included later)

3) Tabs on elevator, rudder and ailerons (operational but not yet animated by script, will be fixed later)

4) Animated cockpit windows (not actual planned, maybe later and depending by user feedback)

5) Animated oxygen masks (not actual planned)

6) Circuit Breakers: there're a very large number of them so after an evaluation about cost-benefit ratio we decided not to plan this feature right now, in the future we could possibly think at some of them (we are open to receive suggestions from users about that feature)

7) dynamic/static reflections on instruments (not possible on XP10 for our own technical reasons, probably implemented on XP11)

8) fog/ice effects on windows (will be included later)

Miscellaneous

1) reversers volume control manageable but not yet operative

Plugins

1) Smartcopilot: configuration file originally planned but not created due time constraints, we'll prepare it later (custom configuration files not supported as we'll not provide the list of needed custom datarefs given the overall complexity of the systems)

2) Xsaitekpanels: this plugin is actually incompatible and causes problems to the plane thus is not supported, we'll provide a configuration file only if we'll be satisfied with our own tests (like for Smartcopilot we'll not provide the list of needed datarefs)

3) DataRefTool: plugin not fully compatible, we saw some problems on the plane caused by it so it's not supported.

4) XPrealWX: for unknown reasons it isn't compatible with our UpdateManager plugin so if you have XPrealWX installed, there's an update available and you choose to accept it the UpdateManager will crash during the update process and you have very good chances that the simulator will crash too: the only solution is to close XP, physically remove XPrealWX (disabling it through the plugin menu is not enough) and then go with the update process."

none of those features mean it cannot be enjoyed on standard flights. I am purchasing it now, am very curious.

Do we know if it is XP11 compatible?

none of those features mean it cannot be enjoyed on standard flights. I am purchasing it now, am very curious.

Do we know if it is XP11 compatible?

I believe it can be tried in XP11 and will probably work, but may have some features missing.  I fly the IXEG 737 in XP11, but it is made for XP10, and I don't have any problems with it.

ATS says that they are going to make a separate version for XP11 when it is released as a final product, but the new version will be a free upgrade.

I think it is great that ATS was open about what is not modeled yet.  It seems like their intentions are to continue adding features.  This aircraft has a built-in updater, similar to the IXEG 737, so it can easily be upgraded with new features when ever they are released.

They have put a lot of stuff on that list that wouldn't be on very many serious simulations anyway, like animated oxygen masks.  A lot of things may be added dependent on user demand.

I believe it can be tried in XP11 and will probably work, but may have some features missing.  I fly the IXEG 737 in XP11, but it is made for XP10, and I don't have any problems with it.

ATS says that they are going to make a separate version for XP11 when it is released as a final product, but the new version will be a free upgrade.

I think it is great that ATS was open about what is not modeled yet.  It seems like their intentions are to continue adding features.  This aircraft has a built-in updater, similar to the IXEG 737, so it can easily be upgraded with new features when ever they are released.

They have put a lot of stuff on that list that wouldn't be on very many serious simulations anyway, like animated oxygen masks.  A lot of things may be added dependent on user demand.

Wonderful, thank you Robert, purchased and wonloading now

Man, this has some great sound, and the cockpit it absolutely beautiful!

I love the load manager too.  I also love the pop-up MCDUs too.  

Listen to those equipment fans, simply amazing.

Man, this has some great sound, and the cockpit it absolutely beautiful!

I love the load manager too.  I also love the pop-up MCDUs too.  

Listen to those equipment fans, simply amazing.

Am having issues with the throttles, mine don't respond at all.

What is the trick to it? I have calibrated, etc

Am having issues with the throttles, mine don't respond at all.

What is the trick to it? I have calibrated, etc

My throttles are working fine.  I just have Throttle 1 and Throttle 2 calibrated normally.

I'm having trouble setting my speed brake.  It's going reverse of my lever even if I don't have reverse selected.  There is something in the manual about setting up the speed brake.  I think the throttles should be set up normally.  There is also instructions in the manual about the throttles.

Guest Mik75

Wow! Didn't expect this to come so soon!

"VNAV on a basic level" does hold me off from buying a bit though, I have to confess!

Especially as an owner of the Rotate MD-80, which is beautiful, but quite simplified as well...

Wow! Didn't expect this to come so soon!

"VNAV on a basic level" does hold me off from buying a bit though, I have to confess!

Especially as an owner of the Rotate MD-80, which is beautiful, but quite simplified as well...

Did one quick flight in it. It still needs polish but I like the fact that all switches are animated where they should be. It is a good start.

The LNAV function works well, even intercepting a path, but VNAV is indeed very primitive. I was surprised it gave me TOD and TOC symbols on the ND but I am happy to use Vertical Speed and a little bit of grey matter (not much left) to work out my vertical paths until it is fixed.

It has potential, let's see how it progresses

I've installed it in XP11, so this could be the problem, but I'm no longer using XP10. Anyway, I'm experiencing throttle problems. I have a Thrustmaster TWCS, I calibrated as suggested, and apparently it should be ok. Unfortunately, it is unusable: it loses sync too easily. More or less the same thing happens with speedbrakes: I have assigned them to an axis of my joystick (Thrustmaster, working perfectly with IXEG) but it loses sync as well.

Regarding automatic flight, I have a pretty good knowledge of this airplane, on the Alitalia Simulator at Fiumicino and the Elite MD-80 software, and I like to fly it with just IAS (no VNAV, where's the fun otherwise?). Now, isn't IAS supposed to command pitch at a given power setting in order to change altitude while maintaìning the indicated airspeed selected by the pilot? This is not the behavior I am observing: when I press IAS  it goes into SPD mode instead ...

Some teething problems in this model, imho, hopefully it will get better in the next weeks. But if the problem is caused by XP11, then I will have to wait until they make an appropriate 11 version. Coming from the quite satisfactory experience with other products I had hoped this one would work reasonably well out of the box, but, admittedly, that is not advertised.

Andrea

Hello everyone,

first of all I'm deeply sorry for my lack of posts today but I was (I am) truly shocked due the unplanned release of our plane, we weren't ready for this so I was unable to prompt react, I've no difficult to admit that.

I sent the package to the store yesterday evening in order to short times, given the file size and my not-so-fast connection, planning to 1) check the upload this morning, 2) change our infrastructure configuration from test to release, 3) do latest checks and then 4) send all the activation codes to the store in order to make the plane finally available, so you can well imagine how I was surprised this morning when I noticed that the plane was already sold to some customers.

After all of this we're now facing problems given by people that doesn't know how the plane work and/or using it on XP11, making videos and/or streams, that are given everyone read and/or watch they the worst possible message... in short four years of work are under heavy risk, not a good day at all.

As you have probably noticed right now the store have stopped the sales (not sure it was a good idea, lot of people could think that the plane does have so many problems to require such a intervention) so please give us the time to sort things out and make appropriate communications.

Being a piece of software bugs can be found when the plane is being used by a greater number of people on different situations and, of course, those bugs will be fixed, while it's pretty hard to explain and convince someone that something is not a bug but the result of a wrong procedure.

Please be patient, and sorry for the inconvenience.

AlfaMike

• Upvote 2

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

Thank you @alfamike for responding.

I did look at one stream earlier in this day. There was quite much rant going on. I do not take any stand on this. But what I did see was some severe bugs which do need to be corrected. The other problems I did see, I do not want to judge, as there needs to be a more qualified person to answer these. As this addon is stated to be a study-aircraft, the current issues I did see where severe. I do understand some bugs may have slipped by, for everyone it does, but some bugs I do not understand why they did appear at all?

I do really hope, and I know it will sooner be, that bugs and faults will be corrected. I still have hope for you and this aircraft.

To sum up I think this airplane was released too early, and not tested correctly enough. Even though three experienced real pilots of this aircraft have tested it, it is important to note that they may not be "real" sim-pilots experienced with computers, they may be blinded. We sim-pilots do destroy the aircrafts and putting them to real testing, while real pilots do may give some input of how the systems and aircraft behaves (they are not as interested and observant).

I really have hope for you @alfamike and this aircraft. You have not loosed me as customer as of yet, only the time for me buying your aircraft has been prolonged.

Looking forward for the XP11 version, and I wish very best of luck in the future.