Sign in to follow this  
x-plane 123

A.T.S MD82 released!

Sorry Andrea but I totally disagree.

First of all we have clearly stated that the plane is not fully compatible with XP11, you can use it but not all functions will work as planned, this doesn't mean at all that our plane will not work at all with XP11 so I'll not write it because that's not true.

If physical throttle control doesn't work as planned because the incompatibility you can use the mouse in order to manage the 3d throttle levers.

If physical speed brakes control doesn't match with the 3d speed brakes lever because the incompatibility you can move it using our custom commands.

This doesn't mean that the product does not work with XP11.

- invoking legalese stuff and copying-pasting-highlighting things won't change reality: X-Plane is now version 11: that's what we all use and love, that's what is attracting people from other sims, that's what made me (and many others) delete P3D from my system: XP10 didn't. I can even live with the Warner Bros effect at night. XP11 is that good.

I remind you that XP11, although publicly available, is still in beta and this mean that every update could suddenly change something (as a former developer you should understand this very well), we're still waiting for the very first version declared stable and this is the reason that other developers are still waiting before to update their products... I also remind you that those developers that already have published an update have had all the time they needed to check, develop, test, re-check, re-develop, re-test and so on.

- there are competing products that work perfectly (at least nearly perfectly) in XP11

'work perfectly' and 'nearly perfectly' is not the same, following your same reasoning what is 'nearly perfect' should be declared 'not working with xp11' as that's not fully functional.

this is not a rant, I am a fan of this product and I hope it will have a great success.

Thank you very much, we're working hard for obtain this goal (time to come back to the code).

Best regards

AlfaMike

• Upvote 3

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

Ok, last reply from me because we are getting nowhere.

When you study Physics, sooner or later some good teacher tells you what Leonard Susskind has to say about logic, theories, nice physical laws and everything:

"When theory meets reality and they do not agree, it's theory that must leave town".

Ok? In theory, everything you say makes sense.

Reality does not agree: in the real world, we all are having lots of fun with a beta product including the Warner Bros effect, and that, more or less, takes the biscuit.

That's all folks.

Andrea

It's clearly said that ATS MD82 is designed for X-Plane 10.

It's clearly said that ATS MD82 is NOT compatible with X-Plane 11

It's clearly said that ATS MD82 WILL BE compatible with X-Plane 11 in the FUTURE, and only in a stable stage of X-Plane 11

And It's clearly that We should be very happy by the fact ATS is not going to charge us with an update for X-Plane 11, like other developers do.

And It's not so clear Why some people complain for something when They don't read anything.

Keep up the good work ATS.

Don't rush.

Greetings.

• Upvote 3

Guest Mik75

When you study Physics, sooner or later some good teacher tells you what Leonard Susskind has to say about logic, theories, nice physical laws and everything:

"When theory meets reality and they do not agree, it's theory that must leave town".

Reality does not agree: in the real world, we all are having lots of fun with a beta product including the Warner Bros effect, and that, more or less, takes the biscuit.

That's all folks.

Andrea

Everyone is entitled to create her or his own reality!

At some point, it may collide with what others would call reality... ;-)

That's all folks.

Andrea

What is this? Did I get hit in the head and wake up in r/iamverysmart? As everyone else has already said, the aircraft is NOT compatible with XP11. Period. Any issues you run into while using it in XP11 for the time being are completely unsupported. It's your own fault you assumed that it would work "nearly perfect" like other add-ons when you have absolutely no idea how the plugins used would be affected. I take it you saw the part about it not being XP11 compatible and just decided to chance it? Didn't bother asking the dev or anyone else? Get a grip.

• Upvote 3

I would invite you all not to try and tell me what to do: I am old enough.

I would also invite everyone not to turn this thread into a flame.

In theory, you are (more or less) right: the site says that the product is for XP10. The site also says that some functions will not work in 11. I find it quite acceptable. 

In practice, if one of those "functions" is the throttle, and I get the suggestion to use the mouse instead, I think that we have a problem. I believe everyone will agree on this.

Nevertheless, what I am trying to say is: I think you should start and see what can be done to make at least throttles and spedbrakes compatible with XP11. For instance, I found out that if I move the speedbrake in four small increments it actually tracks the movement pretty well, so I believe that problem could be solved.

Also, I see that the throttle follows my joystick if I move it slowly. To me, this can be due to a sampling problem, although this is not the only possible explanation.

The Moon, please, not the finger.

Andrea

First of all we have clearly stated that the plane is not fully compatible with XP11, you can use it but not all functions will work as planned, this doesn't mean at all that our plane will not work at all with XP11 so I'll not write it because that's not true.

If physical throttle control doesn't work as planned because the incompatibility you can use the mouse in order to manage the 3d throttle levers.

If physical speed brakes control doesn't match with the 3d speed brakes lever because the incompatibility you can move it using our custom commands.

This doesn't mean that the product does not work with XP11.

AlfaMike

So let's say you write on the product page: "the plane is not fully compatible with XP11, for example, you may have to use the mouse in order to manage the 3D throttle". 

Would you buy it? 

Nevertheless, I hope you understand that I see a bright future for your work, and that I believe you when you say that you will develop an 11 version. I am only saying that in a few weeks XP10 will be dead (it is already hallf dead by now), and I would hate to see this nice MD80 go with it.

As you can see, I am not even remotely trying to exploit some funny videos that everyone can find on the web, including the one with the guy doing aerobatics with reversers on: I think that those kinds of problems are fully understandable and one can live with that, at this point in time. Provided, of course, that you can use the plane in a basic way.

Take care

Andrea

Disarming at least to read some posts. They have a good product developed for XP10 which they say will be compatible with XP11 after this comes officially out. XP11 total compatibility was NEVER written anywhere. What the hell do you need more?

There are plenty of aircraft to fly in XP11 until that moment. I really think some people have to turn everything in big drama and tragedy. And sorry but I plan to fly XP10 for a long time until XP11 is stable enough which is not right now and it wont be in a quarter or more.

• Upvote 2

I would invite you all not to try and tell me what to do: I am old enough.

I would also invite everyone not to turn this thread into a flame.

In theory, you are (more or less) right: the site says that the product is for XP10. The site also says that some functions will not work in 11. I find it quite acceptable. 

In practice, if one of those "functions" is the throttle, and I get the suggestion to use the mouse instead, I think that we have a problem. I believe everyone will agree on this.

In theory you are (more or less) right, nobody should ask you to stop posting the same again and again.

In practice, if a product clearly states xp11 not supported, it is absolutely not your right to judge or insist what should or could or has to be fixed/done by the devs. You have no clue if this is a minor or major task.

And especially as this seems to have been an unintended release, what a nightmare.

Last thing, a dev now needs is somebody consistently bashing around.

I am patiently waiting for the X11 release, it's a wonderful bird.

Also, I wouldn't care too much about VNAV and FMS stuff: the real joy of flying the Mad Dog is IAS and VOR to VOR (or FIX to FIX), so I will already be happy when I can fly this bird in XP11 the way they (and I, in the simulator) did in the 80's.

Andrea

Woah! There's a ton of people including myself who definitely wouldn't purchase without a modern FMS. The 80's were fun but it's today's ops that most people are interested in. :)
  • Upvote 1

Again, we are talking about different things. Also, I iinstalled it in XP10 and there are some surprises ...

Please refrain from expressing opinions about me, what I can say, am allowed to (or should) do. Expressing opinion about me is out of question, the other things are reserved for the forum moderator.

I can confirm that it is indeed a very nice product. The loading interface is very well conceived and handy, the procedures I have tested remind me quite closely my afternoons with an actual MD80 pilot on Elite or the full Alitalia simulator. 

Nothing to say about the visual part: the immersion is great, sounds seem very good (although I cannot espress a judgement here because I am playing them through my monitor speakers), frames are also very good.

@deetee: I am not saying that everyone will love an MD80 wiothout FMS: I am saying that I would gladly buy it for the same price without one. Just my opinion: the rest is THAT good. Also, I think that, in this phase, some teething problems with the FMS stuff is forgivable.

At this time, the only real difference between XP10 and XP11 is the loading interface: it works (beautifully) with XP10, it doesn't load the aircraft in XP11. I think this is legitimate and I'm looking forward for an update, because everything ellse is ok.

Or is it? Yes, because here comes the surprise: I solved the speedbrakes and reverse problems as per the suggestions given in this thread (thanks).

What I couldn't solve IN X-PLANE 10 is the throttle issue: the throttle loses sync in X-Plane 10 exactly as it does in X-Plane 11 (admittedly, 11 is a tad worse, but the problem is the same).

So, to sum it up:

1) this is going to be a masterpiece.

2) the only difference between 10 and 11 is in the LOAD command in the loading interface

3) the thottle loses sync both in XP10 AND XP11.

Please don't answer again that XP11 is still beta and so on. That's the answer to a different question.

Tnx

Andrea

Update: I'm happy to report that the malfunction in the load manager in XP11 didn't happen again: apparently it works well in XP11 exactly as in XP10.

I even managed to use the FMS in a simple way (lateral navigation only) both in 10 and 11.

So at this point, there are apparently no differences between 10 and 11, a few issues remain open in both versions:

1) throttle losing sync

2) IAS working incorrectly after takeoff (erratically, I am unable to find a way of reproducing it), leading to overspeed

3) Hard to stop the airplane with brakes after stowing reversers (maybe my fault with pneumatic system tho)

4) magenta line disappearing from map

I've flown the MD80 on my favorite routes: Olbia - Rome, Rome-Palermo, Rome-Catania, Rome-Reggio Calabria (curved ap), Rome-Milano Linate, Rome-Genova (circle-to-land), Philadelphia-La Guardia (Expressway app), Boston-JFK (Parkway app), Miami-Saint Marteen; the flight model feels pretty good in manual flight. I believe some details need tom be tuned in automatic flight.

Ok, that's all for now, interesting toy ... Also, I would like to know if these problems are known to the developers.

Andrea