Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[21JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - More Release Info

PMDG,

I think Robert may have alluded to this, but as it gets closer to release time, I'd love to hear about any new technology that's been included in the 747-400 release that may be backward compatible with the other products, particularly the 777.  I will acquire the 747 but eventually.  The 777 makes me very happy for now but I still pay attention to developments.

Kirk Mayers

• Upvote 1

I would post a pic of myself doing the happy dance right now...but eh, nobody wants to see that.

Seriously, great job.  There has been a big hole in my hangar, awaiting the new Queen.  I didn't even bother reinstalling the old 747, in anticipation for this one.  Great to hear it won't be much longer!

I'm very pleased, good work PDMG team!  I'll probably make my purchase a few days after it is released to let the server clog die down a little.   Timing couldn't have been better....my yearly bonus is next week. 

Mark Trainer

great news, stunning product, close release, wide package, reasonable price... looking forward to flying it.

Great screenshot - PMDG heavies in XP would be an amazing marriage 

Rich Sennett

Hi PMDG i love your aircraft but i think you are wrong with this aircraft, i love 747 but actually the 400 versions is near to discontinued from a lot of company (last but not the least) United airliners that will be discontinue his 400 versione from october 2017. I think was better to work on 787 aircraft instead.

sorry is only my point of view.

Especially freight companies will continue to use the -400 for many years to come. And even if they were not, we can keep her flying in our world of FS. And i'd rather fly this majestic iconic piece of machinery than the plastic fantastic.

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

So I have a new awesome bus for short haul, and a new awesome 747 for long haul? Christmas just won't end!!

And i'd rather fly this majestic iconic piece of machinery than the plastic fantastic.

You wouldn't be talking about the A320 would you? I think between Aerosoft and FSLabs I have flushed 150 bucks right down the toilet.
  • Upvote 3

You wouldn't be talking about the A320 would you? I think between Aerosoft and FSLabs I have flushed 150 bucks right down the toilet.

I have not mentioned any A320. I think you quoted the wrong post? :P

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

Fantastic, outstanding work!  Fingers crossed that one of "my" 747s will be represented..

D-ABTB - 747-430, "Brandenburg"

D-ABYA - 747-8i, "Brandenburg"

Yes, I'm selfish.   :wink:

-Scott Brandenburg.

PS - interesting bit of trivia..  the ">" in "Canadi>n" had a twofold purpose.  First, it was the logo for Canadian Pacific.  Second, the airline didn't want to go through the trouble of offending French Canadians by using the English spelling:  (Canadian vs. Canadien).  So they subbed the logo in..

I say paint Brandenburg yourself Scott!  I remember a loooooong time ago when an aspiring painter asked for some help and got it from a veteran painter....I seem to recall a lovely LTU 767 you showed me in your paint hangar. 

OK.....step out of the waay back machine, hehe.  Scott....its been a long time my friend!  I thought you went the way of NWA in the great assimilation of 2009 (Private joke between Scott and I and would only make sense if you knew him.  :wink:)

Good to see you back into flightsim, send me a PM and we'll catch up....there has been a lot of changes since we last chatted.

Oh..and as usual, you are a wealth of info on everything commercial aviation, I feel PMDG could use your talents.  :Whistle:   (I never knew that about the chevron in the their logo)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

LOL...who noticed the name of the pic?

I had flashbacks (not necessarily good ones) of the movie it references. 

Excellent news RR!

Especially about the paintkit being released with her...it will force me to decide if I want to fly or paint, LOL.  (But since Jason seems to have been given Red Bull fed directly by IV base on the rate at which he's pushing out the paints, painting will not be the bigger priority on release.) :smile:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg