Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[21JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - More Release Info

Goddammit. It's just been three days.

I thought time goes by quickly between pmdg updates.

How about the "this is cool" list Mr.Randazzo?

Plsssssssss

How about the "this is cool" list Mr.Randazzo?

That's the meaty bit. But

We cannot confirm or deny if we have cool bits - or not. lol

How about someone showing the CargoLogicAir livery please? ;-)

Cheers,
Zsolt Monostori

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

I cannot wait to get my hands on the plane and the paint kit - there are soooooo many old liveries I want to put on it...

Keeping a close eye on exchange rates... simply have to have her!!

I am not price sensitive to this (up to a point).

spacer.png

How about someone showing the CargoLogicAir livery please? ;-)

Cheers,

Zsolt Monostori

Here you go.

RIAneo.jpg

• Upvote 4

Here you go.

You're a star, thank you sooo much! It is simply wonderful, can't wait to take this bird out for a spin! It's the most anticipated livery for me!

Cheers,
Zsolt Monostori
  • Upvote 1

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Both platforms will be available on release day.  The licenses for FSX/P3D are not interchangeable or exchangeable.  For Prepar3D users, we are still planning to protect P3D v3 users if/when Lockheed Martin elects to convert v3 to x64bit.  (it is assumed this will be called v4, but nobody really knows and Lockheed Martin has made NO commitments or announcements in this regard.  As of today, an x64 P3D is not in development that we are aware of any any conjecture of imminent release of same is largely hyperbole...)

Hello Mr. Randazzo.

Congratulations on the upcoming release. I know that the P3D version will likely be $Texas for many of us and before I drop that on the product I want to be sure of my investment.

You said that you are still planning on protecting users on a conversion to x64 P3D. Imminent or not, is there any reason to fear deviation from this plan? If so, would there be a reasonable upgrade price or would it be the Louisiana purchase all over again?

I apologize for being skeptical, your products are worth what they cost, but it is still a lot of money to invest for what could end up being only a 2 year or shorter return.

Thank you for the clarification.

Matt Bartels

Question - will this model take full advantage of P3D real time reflections or will it use it's own env map?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Imminent or not, is there any reason to fear deviation from this plan?

In a nutshell, no.  The caveat is necessary because no one knows what LM is going to do.  The anticipated change to 64b is an assumption; but imagine the chaos if they completely threw out the SDK and created a new one, a new model schema, new air model, etc..., very unlikely but just in case it is good business to leave a little wiggle room.

Dan Downs KCRP

So when 64bit P3D does materialise what will it mean for VAS? Right now we all have 4GB max, what will be the maximum in 64bit? Obviously the worries will be obsolete but :)

So when 64bit P3D does materialise what will it mean for VAS? Right now we all have 4GB max, what will be the maximum in 64bit? Obviously the worries will be obsolete but :)

fps will be an issue and it uses all available memory so if you got 16gb it will use that.

So when 64bit P3D does materialise what will it mean for VAS?

VAS will be fine for about three minutes, until developers rush to fill up all the newly available space and users celebrate their newfound freedom by pushing all sliders to the right.

• Upvote 4

The practical limit of virtual address space for 64 bit is about 128 terabytes (Windows 8.1). But in theory a processor with 64-bit memory addresses can directly access 16 exbibytes. This translates to a decent amount of addon scenery.

• Upvote 3