Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[21JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - More Release Info

Hey Rob, just for the fun of it, how about offering an extra discount on the dash eight for the first 50 people to click the buy button on the 400?  Speaking of clicking the buy button, are your servers (along with the Avsim forum servers) ready for the digital tsunami that's going to hit on release day?  I am guessing there will be an awful lot of us on both sites jumping up and down on the refresh button in the hours leading up to release :P  

Andrew Jones

I was excited to see a purchase option in my PMDG updater today but sadly the $228 MILLION price is slightly out of my price range, maybe if I sell a kidney or two :lol: 

Seriously though, as an owner of the original  Precision 744 by Aerowinx I am very curious to see how your product stacks up.  Looking forward to it!

James Cox, ATP, CL-65, CFI, CFII

I'm sure I read that we would be getting a weeks notice on the release day?  Unless I've completely missed the notice I don't think we will see a release this weekend.

Dean Farley

I'm sure I read that we would be getting a weeks notice on the release day?  Unless I've completely missed the notice I don't think we will see a release this weekend.

Also pretty sure they told us we would get some advanced notice before both the NGX and 777 came out, but they ended up releasing silently.

I don't recall anything about a weeks notice, just that there would be notice.

Also pretty sure they told us we would get some advanced notice before both the NGX and 777 came out, but they ended up releasing silently.

Don't recall the NG release, but the 777 was NOT a silent release.  As I recall, we were given several hours notice here in the forum (A post with a title something like "Welcome to release day")  that the plane would go live that day.  The only thing withheld was the exact hour of the release.

Andrew Jones

As far as I remember this was not the case.

IIRC for both releases they gave us a "time window" with a particular date in mind (something like "we're aiming for 02FEB17") some days before, and when the day came, the aircrafts were released.

I even have this vague memory of the NGX actually taking some hours to be released and people starting to get... nervous... as the projected date was ending. :P

Just for the fun of it, I went back and checked, and discovered that I was mistaken.  RSR was a bit more cryptic with the 777 release than I recalled, and here is a link to his post, in which he provided a 7-day release window, with a probable release during the weekend:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/417186-26aug13-welcome-to-777-release-week/?hl=%20welcome%20%20release%20%20day

Here is the relevant part [bELOW IS A QUOTE FROM A VERY OLD POST THAT DOES NOT RELATE TO THE 744]:

"Here are the important things you will want to know:

1) We are currently working a dozen or so small items that will not prevent release

2) We are currently evaluating one item that has the potential to hold up a release

3) We are in a "day-to-day" decision making mode whereby we evaluate the fitness of the product and decide if we feel it is ready for release, or if we should continue to hold it for further review. 

4) Right now, the "Circle Error Probable" (you mathematicians and fellow Cold War relics will understand that reference. B) )on release is about seven days wide, starting Wednesday morning.

5) Given #4 above, that tells me we are likely releasing during the coming weekend.

6) If ANYTHING pops up in testing that we think requires resolution prior to release, we will do so.  Even if that means a significant delay...  We evaluate such items based entirely in the risk that they negatively impact the usability of the product- so if the risk is high, we will hold...   (I'll come back and let you know if this happens, however!)"

Andrew Jones

Hey guys! Just fly your other PMDG aircraft till it releases cuz you wont be flying any of them for awhile after the new lady is ready to go!! :Devil:

UPS123.png

I have to work hard all week long so for me the week flies by anyway - no time to just go and stroll around the block or sitting trying be patient  :P .

Regards

I know the feeling!

I think A2A once made the mistake of announcing the exact time the release would go out (I think it was the P-40 if memory serves)...D'OH! Server crash (It was kinda funny really)....after that they gave a more 'vague' announcement...ie 'sometime this week', which worked out much better.

Can you imagine if PMDG said 'The Queen will be released at XX:XX time on DD/MM/YY, what would happen to the PMDG and Avsim servers? LOL  A true virtual version of one of those crazy black Friday mall scenes  :P 

Cheers
TJ

• Upvote 1

I think A2A once made the mistake of announcing the exact time the release would go out (I think it was the P-40 if memory serves)...D'OH! Server crash (It was kinda funny really)....after that they gave a more 'vague' announcement...ie 'sometime this week'

Can you imagine if PMDG said 'The Queen will be released at XX:XX time on DD/MM/YY, what would happen to the PMDG and Avsim servers? LOL  A true virtual version of one of those crazy black Friday mall scenes  :P 

Cheers

TJ

They would all go into a simulator induced coma...  Even the support team for that matter will get SWAMPED with queries and a few minor issues... :P