Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[21JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - More Release Info

Its a little past the holidays but oh well-

Twas the night before Christmas, and what a surprise,

PMDG would soon be releasing Queen of the skies!

That long sleek body, all glistening and white,

Would soon be on my flight sim on a long-haul flight

We’re going through the checklist, and checking it twice;

If ground would give us 31L it would really be nice.

The winds are calm, pressure is high,

We taxi to the runway, and wave the groundcrew goodbye;

Line up and wait, we’re told to at last,

We’ll climb to 10000 pretty damn fast!

The FMC seems to know exactly where we’re goin,

Just keep that 200000 lbs of Jet A flowin!

4 Pratt & Whitney engines, now set for cruise,

My co-pilot and I settle in for a snooze.

TOD is reached and we begin our decent;

Where oh where has my EFB went?

On final approach, the ILS is set;

Localizer acquired, landing conditions are met;

We touch down with a squeal, but lightly no less,

And taxi to the gate, for our required crew rest.

The PMDG 747v3 is sure to be a hit,

Just quit hassling Robert with “Is it released yet?”

Now that is art - PMDG should include it in their house livery on the 747 - like a small decal...

I purchased the $125,000,000 version.   Got my PayPal receipt within 2 mins which is great. :smile:

I'm getting picked up by the charter 747 this afternoon, and whisked off to PMDG HQ to get my early adopters version.   I hope they have plenty of pretzels on the charter plane.....  as I can't afford to eat for 700* years following the purchase.

*term adjusted for inflation.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Oh man, this is getting exciting. 

Sooo looking forward to release! 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I can't waaaaaiiiit! :dance:

Thanks Robert!

You guys have a great day!

Does it  really matter if it  does  which it  will in any case  be the latest, than in a months  time  it will be  out of  date,  best bet  is  to get  a subscription to either navigraph  or  navpro   to update  your  nav  data  each month

But I'd rather have it in date now even if it will go out of date soon, so that when I don't update the AIRAC its not too far afield to the current AIRAC.

Yep. They share the same database, so the last aircraft you installed -- with the latest AIRAC -- will provide the AIRAC used in all your PMDG jets.

Expect the 747 to update your 777 / 737 databases as well.

My 777 and 737 both still have AIRAC 1309, so I'm not sure that's how it works. (I don't have Navigraph)

I'm confident the 777 came out much more recently than 2009. Just out of curiosity which AIRAC do you PMDG products have??

1309 is the 9th AIRAC "cycle" of 2013.

Marc ter Heide

I run navigraph, best service i can think of for my pmdg's, its updated regularly and the charts come in real handy, and all for like 11euros a month is a bargain.

I run navigraph, best service i can think of for my pmdg's, its updated regularly and the charts come in real handy, and all for like 11euros a month is a bargain.

+1

Oh WOW, nearly got a heart attack, I couldn't access Avsim and I thought the servers crashed because The Queen has been released!

• Upvote 1

Operations center...new update...can't...aarrrgh

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Oh WOW, nearly got a heart attack, I couldn't access Avsim and I thought the servers crashed because The Queen has been released!

Hahaha that makes two of us. I am actually happy enough some news and announcement as I am dying for the "feature list" and sorts. I made a deal with a friend of mine that we'd be loading up that VC at the same time. He is currently away and then I will be away as well on vacation. So we will not be able to get in that VC before Feb 12th (assuming the two weeks timeline still holds). And if PMDG can hold up to that timeline, which means it will be out before I am off for that vacation trip I will face the worst pain of my life due to resistance. At least I am allowed to read the manual.... that helps a lot haha.

Just got super excited because AVSIM and PMDG websites weren't reachable... thought it was released. Will continue being patient.

Same here. My heart rate rose and if I had a tail it would be wagging.

NOTAM: 28JAN17 -.1900Z

The PMDG eCommerce site is offline temporarily while we effect upgrades for the upcoming release of the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II. (It is NOT releasing right now.... relax!)

This site will be offline for a few moments, please return in about :45!

We apologize for any inconvenience this outage causes you- but please come back once we are up and running once again!

PMDG

Your patience is appreciated!

PMDG Technical Support

Richie Walsh