Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[21JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - More Release Info

I have waited so long for this plane that my birthdays have had birthdays. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Right...   And that is why you are hanging around here and making posts like these  :P .   Just kidding of course!

Regards

Werner, kid all you like! I have purchased most of their excellent products since FS2004 and their policy has always been that it will be released when it is ready. Sounds fair to me but don't like their usual drip feeding bits with inconclusive release date when allegedly the project reaches completion. Best keep to their policy and just release when ready without getting people "champing at the bit". Must enjoy getting people all worked up. By the way my Astrologer says it may be next Sunday!  :smile:

I was around for the NGX release, everybody was really excited, the forums were mad, people refreshing and having a great time in general.  That seemed to change with the 777, not sure what it was, either the aircraft or PMDG themselves didn't seem to generate that same level of excitement.  I hope that the 747 will be more like the 737 release. 

• Upvote 2

Ian R Tyldesley

Next weekend will most likely consist of me re enacting my flight from KMIA to EGLL last year. I can't wait much longer now

I was around for the NGX release, everybody was really excited, the forums were mad, people refreshing and having a great time in general.  That seemed to change with the 777, not sure what it was, either the aircraft or PMDG themselves didn't seem to generate that same level of excitement.  I hope that the 747 will be more like the 737 release. 

To sum it up, the 777 has no soul, the 747 does.

By the way my Astrologer says it may be next Sunday! 

:LMAO: - I am guessing Wednesday - Thursday.

Ouch lol.

Regards

• Upvote 1

How dare you. Boeing aircraft are made with noting but soul.  :fool:

But where's the love? :sad:

You should check out the 777 and 747 documentaries on YouTube.  A whole new perspective is given. Working with the 777 has also made me appreciate the systems and mechanics. 

Well I do find the 777 very boring to fly with its high automation.

I will have much more interaction and therefore feel much more connected to the 747.

spacer.png

No different then the 747-400 really.

LNAV AND VNAV. AP on and she flies itself.

I get the feeling people are confusing the -400 with the -200 which is very hands on.

Damn, AVSIM has become slow (or at least in my end...)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I will have much more interaction and therefore feel much more connected to the 747.

Hand fly it more. I try to fly the 777 after takeoff a little longer to get some hands on before Otto takes over. Some approaches are very difficult to fly even with the 744 not using automation. I'm still learning more about these aircraft every time I fly them. Some of these RNAV RNP approaches are impossible to hand fly and the automation is required anyway. If PMDG does a 707 one day (maybe?) then you'll hand fly the ILS all day.

Hmm - AVSIM seems to be experiencing some weird glitches... connection seems to be lost randomly when trying refresh or re-connect... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471