Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[21JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - More Release Info

Lovely stories - all of them.

It's like telling tales sitting around the camp fire....waiting for the dawning of a new day... those hangar doors about to roll open and open a new era in our flight simming...

Poetry, ganter, poetry - we are all waiting there with you! 

Regards

I can see my VATSpy next week - the whole map filled with 747s flying all around the globe :-D

The most flown route may be EHAM - TNCM I guess. I am so looking forward to this.

Even though I had a pretty bad car accident some weeks ago and virtually no money for fun stuff - I will buy the 747 instantly.

I would like to share this video, yes, an advert, but it embodies so much of what we have achieved in commercial aviation, and has plenty of quad engine planes to keep RSR happy! And the 744 features in a grand way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4JdQi60an0

I would like to share this video, yes, an advert, but it embodies so much of what we have achieved in commercial aviation, and has plenty of quad engine planes to keep RSR happy! And the 744 features in a grand way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4JdQi60an0

Goosebumps Wes, nice video!

Regards

Poetry, ganter, poetry - we are all waiting there with you! 

Regards

Thank you.

I'm particularly excited as I have only ever flown the default FSX 747 once or twice. It's going to be wonderful to learn an aeroplane from scratch.

Thank you.

I'm particularly excited as I have only ever flown the default FSX 747 once or twice. It's going to be wonderful to learn an aeroplane from scratch.

The old FS9 version of the PMDG 744 was the first study level aircraft I ever flew.   Received it as a gift from a chap in NZ, and I remember how tough it was to master the FMC!   I had never used one up to that stage, so getting into that was difficult for me for a day or two.   That and getting the autopilot to do what I wanted to.   The system fidelity also overwhelmed me a little.  

Within about a week or so, most of the brain-breaking was over and I managed to get where I needed to go safely lol.  The actual flying is amazing - autopilots and FMC's aside, and from what I can see from the Beta videos, the real "feel" of this majestic creature has been captured to a breathtaking level!   I could feel the heavy yet graceful characteristics of the Queen from the taxiing, the RTO video (especially!), and all through the different phases of flight.   This product has so much "soul" to it, I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Don't stress about the difficulty level if you can call it that - go through the tutorials and the introduction document, and within a few days it will feel like you have always lived on the flight deck of this magnificent machine!

Regards

Thanks Werner.

I remember the first few days of NGX ownership being excellent. Flying the tutorial, wading through the FCOMs, the first good landing, all brilliant stuff. Looking forward to doing all that with this magnificent looking creature.

Goosebumps Wes, nice video!

Regards
If ever I feel depressed this one video makes me happy again. Forget the type, forget the airline, but I honestly believe their motto is true, To Fly, To Serve. For that's what all of us want to do, in reality or virtually, a DC3 or a 747. Lets join them up there.

PMDG - We are ready for the queen - technically and mentally. She has a legacy that predates most of us, and we will ensure she is honoured.

maxresdefault.jpg

I think this sums it up quite well:

blogstamp33-753782.jpg

Reminds me a bit of 2009, when I began working at Schiphol (EHAM)

I just got my "Airport Drivers License" and for one of the first times I had to drive to the apron on my own, wait for the airplane and collect the AKE's (bagage containers) However - F5 being a very wide apron - I accidently parked myself not on the entry of the apron but a bit to the right, waiting for the bird to come in... The above image is still burned on my retina. I never forget the look on the pilots faces, when they turned on the apron and saw me standing there right in front of them, like I wanted to play "Chicken". Well, they won... You just can't let a KLM 747-400 lose such a game in it's home base, that's just not done. I gave the pilots a nod, backed up and drove to the correct entrance  :blush:

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

The above image is still burned on my retina.
There is something about that look, nose on, that just says, I am the ruler. I am the Queen of The Skies, and forever will be. I remember my dad, who normally couldn't tell a Boeing from a Toyota, looking up at one, and he said, F*$K that's what you call a Boeing.

I appreciate the A380, but I am sorry, the 747 and the above image on the stamp, really defines the jet age from the 70's till now. She ruled the skies, and she still does, well into her 'golden age' (I wont say twilight years)

There is something about that look, nose on, that just says, I am the ruler. I am the Queen of The Skies, and forever will be. I remember my dad, who normally couldn't tell a Boeing from a Toyota, looking up at one, and he said, F*$K that's what you call a Boeing.

I appreciate the A380, but I am sorry, the 747 and the above image on the stamp, really defines the jet age from the 70's till now. She ruled the skies, and she still does, well into her 'golden age' (I wont say twilight years)

Well said. Also, the A380 is very very ugly. It is mere function devoid of charisma and charm.

Yeah not to offend any of the 'Bus fan boys in here, but I have no love and affection for the Airbus.   I love Boeings, and the 747-400 is as good as it gets!   I have loved and flown the 777 over the last few years and will continue to do so but the 744, My favourite by about 4 million light years!!!

Regards

Yeah not to offend any of the 'Bus fan boys in here, but I have no love and affection for the Airbus.   I love Boeings, and the 747-400 is as good as it gets!   I have loved and flown the 777 over the last few years and will continue to do so but the 744, My favourite by about 4 million light years!!!

Regards

Exactly!

Best

BaldyB

Denis Bolduc

I can see my VATSpy next week - the whole map filled with 747s flying all around the globe :-D

The most flown route may be EHAM - TNCM I guess. I am so looking forward to this.

Even though I had a pretty bad car accident some weeks ago and virtually no money for fun stuff - I will buy the 747 instantly.

It's alright mate, I backed up into a fire extinguisher two months back. Mum says if I don't pay her back for the repairs I don't get to borrow the car.... I haven't driven for two months.

2cwmxog.jpg