Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[21JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - More Release Info

his 8 year old started crying when they walked up to the 747.

Lol...I remember my grandfather asking me if I wanted to go near a 747..At that time they were running a few tests...engine run-ups I think ( I was young,excuse me if I am exaggerating)

we were standing a maybe 60-70 feet from the tarmac..I literally felt each bone in my body tremble.

My grandfather laughed it off and asked me if I would like to go closer

My answer?

Nope..Nopedy Nope NOPE land.(well...I was crying as well...)

and if I remember correctly..I ###### myself that very moment.

and the love affair began.

Had a similar childhood experience myself, except it was with a C5 Galaxy at Dover Air Force base.  Got to stand up close and watch as the nose opened; you can imagine my reaction considering that no one told me that was going to happen.  It felt kind of like watching someone unscrew their own head - totally defied my imagination.  Perhaps that is why I love the -400F so much :-)

Andrew Jones

will there be a way to calculate de-rates/a. temps with ACARS or will be limited to TOPCAT, I dont believe there is another calculator on the market for the 747 .

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

will there be a way to calculate de-rates/a. temps with ACARS or will be limited to TOPCAT, I dont believe there is another calculator on the market for the 747 .

Well... You could use TOPCAT, which has an existing profile for the 747-400

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Ohhhhh yeah, I think I gotta finish work early today!!!!

Hi Folks:

After flying the marvelous B747-400GE for the first time, and by hand, I have to say this is close to perfection, if not perfect already, very stable, "heavy" feeling, those excellent modeled wings flexing in reaction to the wind, and beautiful from the inside and out. Have to go now to the manuals!.

Nothing to compare with, as always with PMDG.

Congrats for the excellent work!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:07 AM, rsrandazzo said:

The 747-8/8F will come to you as an expansion for this base package a bit later!

Where to purchase on it?

• Upvote 1

Patricio Valdes

37 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Where to purchase on it?

You can't at the moment. It hasn't been released yet. Once it has, I'm sure you can get it from the PMDG website.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

11 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

You can't at the moment. It hasn't been released yet. Once it has, I'm sure you can get it from the PMDG website.

It has been a very long while. I will keep an eye on it. Thank you Mike

Patricio Valdes

8 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

It has been a very long while. I will keep an eye on it. Thank you Mike

The problem is that the Boeing 747-400 got released, then they released a few updates, then they started making it P3D V4 compatible, and then the 777, and now they're also trying to make the 737 P3D V4 compatible, so already they have a lot on their hands as it is....and I'm not even sure what more they need to work on with regards to the 747-8. It's not a matter of a simple stretch of the plane, new wings, and engines. The systems on the 747-8 are not identical to that of the 747-400.

In any event, I'm not Mike.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

21 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

The problem is that the Boeing 747-400 got released, then they released a few updates, then they started making it P3D V4 compatible, and then the 777, and now they're also trying to make the 737 P3D V4 compatible, so already they have a lot on their hands as it is....and I'm not even sure what more they need to work on with regards to the 747-8. It's not a matter of a simple stretch of the plane, new wings, and engines. The systems on the 747-8 are not identical to that of the 747-400.

In any event, I'm not Mike.

I don't know what happened to me making a funkfunk mistake, sorry my Captain Kevin. I apologize about naming you wrong. Kevin, I will wait for the 747-8 when it becomes available. I understood clearly the actual PMDG work in progress as you say.

Patricio Valdes