Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[21JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - More Release Info

The practical limit of virtual address space for 64 bit is about 128 terabytes (Windows 8.1). But in theory a processor with 64-bit memory addresses can directly access 16 exbibytes. This translates to a decent amount of addon scenery.

Amen to that brother! 

can directly access 16 exbibytes

I read something to the affect if you were able to cram 1gb onto a 1mm x 1mm chip and didn't stack them, they would occupy a physical space of ~ 130 x 130 meters!  My man cave would not be big enough to hold my memory!  :lol:

And if you wanted to load the entire OS, the PMDG 747 and all your ancillary programs into memory and let it expand itself across the RAM at 1GB per sec throughput...you could run it continuously for 514 years before you OOM'd!  :shok:

Now, I get just as upset as the next simmer when I get an unexpected OOM after a 14 hour flight and just before touchdown...but I have to admit I'd find a small audience to complain to if I OOM'd that frequently.  :LMAO:

Heck, I'd settle for an OOM after only 100 years or so.

• Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I'd settle for an OOM after 20 hours :lol: Currently I'm comfy with 9h flights, but after doing 10-11h they really happen sometimes.. And if I fly on Vatsim and load all the software I run parallel to FSX.. Well. It runs until I open literally one more program. Then even 9h seem good.

How about someone showing the Centurion cargo and Centurion Cargo "White"liverys please?

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

How about someone showing the Centurion cargo and Centurion Cargo "White"liverys please?

I didn't see Centurion on the current list (not to say it won't be there by release), but I know I'll be flying her even if they don't get to her.  :wink:  (And you guys will too after I finish her)

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I read something to the affect if you were able to cram 1gb onto a 1mm x 1mm chip and didn't stack them, they would occupy a physical space of ~ 130 x 130 meters!  My man cave would not be big enough to hold my memory!  :lol:

And if you wanted to load the entire OS, the PMDG 747 and all your ancillary programs into memory and let it expand itself across the RAM at 1GB per sec throughput...you could run it continuously for 514 years before you OOM'd!  :shok:

Now, I get just as upset as the next simmer when I get an unexpected OOM after a 14 hour flight and just before touchdown...but I have to admit I'd find a small audience to complain to if I OOM'd that frequently.  :LMAO:

Right on Steve.

A few guys at MIT loaded a glass slide that was backlit with sand grains until no light was visible looking down at the slide. They actually counted the darn grains, it was a tedious job! The slide was 1" x 1" , from that they calculated the fact that an 8 lane highway from LA to Boston could not hold ! Trillion grains of sand laid out in that way. Nowhere close. At that point they calculated that the total grains of sand visible to the eye from an airplane flying over both US coasts would not see 1 Trillion grains of sand?

Best

BaldyB

I know it's something that won't and possibly can't be fully answered but what do you guys expect, how far after the release of the -400 will the -800/-8 expansion pack come? What was the case with the NGX and 777 expansion packs? Do we normally talk about months or perhaps a year or more? Just to get the basic idea.

Cheers,
Zsolt Monostori

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

I know it's something that won't and possibly can't be fully answered but what do you guys expect, how far after the release of the -400 will the -800/-8 expansion pack come? What was the case with the NGX and 777 expansion packs? Do we normally talk about months or perhaps a year or more? Just to get the basic idea.

Cheers,

Zsolt Monostori

Well ...

The 777LR/F base package was released 5th of September and the 777-300ER expansion package 18th of July 2014 - so around 10 months between them... however the 737 base/expansion was only approx 3½ months apart (August to October)...

What will happen with the 747v2? We'll see... 

• Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

What will happen with the 747v2? We'll see... 

B747 V2 is out for some years now

B747 V2 is out for some years now

Jeez... you know what I mean. *sigh*

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

No love for P3D 2.5...i'm out of the party :(

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

luckly I get my monthly allowance of 235$ next week  :lol: Buy that and some RAM and we are gold until next month  :P

Took this Friday off vacation...hoping...

spacer.png

Took this Friday off vacation...hoping...

Isn't it slightly early?

Cheers,

Zsolt Monostori

• Upvote 1

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD