Sign in to follow this  
Copper.

PMDG - Project "Oleo" - Classification - Top Secret

hmm, maybe something along the line of damage physics? where flaps that get physically ripped off, gear that don't come down, leaking hydraulics that show up on the airframe, windshields that can crack, fog in cockpit with explosive decompression, ..... maybe an at random IED in the cargo hold of a random customer........  to name a few. Or maybe an avatar of Kyle and Robert in the cockpit  :P

hmm, maybe something along the line of damage physics? where flaps that get physically ripped off, gear that don't come down, leaking hydraulics that show up on the airframe, windshields that can crack, fog in cockpit with explosive decompression, ..... maybe an at random IED in the cargo hold of a random customer........  to name a few. Or m

In all fairness, I don't think Boeing will be particularly happy with PMDG making catastrophic scenarios the latest feature ehancements on their licensed aircraft.  Why does everyone want to see a visually failing aircraft?  

Central database that collects time data and for each airframe auto updates with use time from all PMDG users around the world on that frame.  Would be way more realistic than just our very small personal use hours when calculating time based wear items.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Release date January 26, 2021

Most of it is actually already done.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

Well, the 777 had som sort of a ground (loading) simulation. My guess will be that the 747 will do more, maybe fully animated ground crews around the airplane loading it up and maybe even a pushback crew responding to voice.

If not, there still a few days left to do it :Tounge:

• Upvote 2

Most of it is actually already done.

It amazes me every single time, how much attention to detail you have. This becomes all the more obvious every time I fly non-PMDG addons (well, most of them). There is always something that will annoy me. Be it absurd clickspots, buggy radio units or working switches that do not do anything. I'm flying your 777 again today and it is simply perfect. And I am one of those people who usually always complain about the tiniest issue. It is really hard to sit still in anticipation :lol:

And about the actual topic at hands:

I think that I saw an ACARS entry in the FMC in one of the youtube videos of the Beta. It would come in handy if communications are down (the scenario from the mentioned thread). But I'm not sure as to what could be done with that in a sim and how it would blow our minds more so than the actual 747 v3. So I'm probably totally wrong about that :Party:

After a failed bid for the rights to Microsoft Flight Simulator, a team consisting of PMDG and other highly regarded third party developers approached Dovetail games, who realized they had gotten way too far in over their heads after joining Avsim, acquired the rights to Microsoft Flight Simulator and finished development on an all new, modern, 64-bit simulator called Pigeon Works Flight Simulator.  The default plane lineup included PMDG's own fleet and was priced at a respectable $300,000,000.

• Upvote 1

Ryan

Has it been narrowed down to a plane type? 777, 747, 737? 

I only fly the 737, I guess my only wishlist would be for the rain on the window thingy like default aircraft, and maybe some enhanced cockpit sounds on taxi/takeoff (rattles and thuds). 

The 737 split scimitar is the only thing that has raised enough noise on these threads I think to be considered a big deal, but even that isn't really *that* big. 

I would think, based on remembered conversations from well over a year ago, that the next project for PMDG is going to be the BBJ versions of the NGX and 772/3 744/8 lines. i think i remember seeing some where on these forums that the BBJs were something they wanted to do. And seeing that the FSX market has a huge lack of long range business jets, i would love the BBJ line in my hanger.

Real BBJ would be awesome.

Just a question though...

Why you have my signature which was my FedEx flight to Denver lol?

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

I think that I saw an ACARS entry in the FMC in one of the youtube videos of the Beta.

Wasn't there even an ACARS entry in the FMC for the 747 for FS9/FSX that Rob The Randazzo said they were looking into and just maaaybe.... Well, I always wondered what happened to it. Personally I'm waiting to build up the courage to venture in shared cockpit on vatsim so yeah, shared cockpit would be awesome! Anyone wants an Air China 981 FO?

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Well, the 777 had som sort of a ground (loading) simulation. My guess will be that the 747 will do more, maybe fully animated ground crews around the airplane loading it up and maybe even a pushback crew responding to voice.

If not, there still a few days left to do it :Tounge:

Yeah, I bet all in on your guess. Don't know about pushback, but animated ground crew, fuel and cargo loading and pax loading.

Mauricio Brentano

Why you have my signature which was my FedEx flight to Denver lol?

Found it on google and it loaded in as a sig pic. its an awesome pic!!!

look i took Kyle's as well