Sign in to follow this  
Flightrider

How to move Minstar to separate window

I have finally successfully installed Mindstar gns530 into P3d.   Right now, it's in a Window01, which is a separate popup window within P3D.   I would like to move this to a separate monitor.   However, it only stays in the P3D window.   How can I accomplish this?   Attached is the section of the panel.cfg I'm currently using. 

//------TOGGLE PANEL--------------------------------------------------
[Window01]  
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=300,400
window_size_ratio=1.000  
position=1
visible=1
ident=793
window_size= 0.05, 0.05
window_pos= 0.520, 0.020
zorder=5
//gauge00=A36Manual!manual,  0,0,700,700
gauge00=MPI_GNS!GNS530, 0,200, 400, 600, 1:1:225

Have you tried right-clicking on the gauge once it is popped up, selecting Undock Window? Once undocked you should be able to move it.

Mario Di Lauro

You did not define the third value of the 5th parameter correctly.  It is important that you understand what that value represents.  It should MATCH the value listed in the ident= field for your popup window.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Thanks... that worked.  Now to get the gns530 to fill the screen of the window.   I've tried changing the gauge00= parameters about 20 times; but nothing seems to change it.   Here is a picture of what I'm getting...  So move the gauge UP right?   I've changed the Y position, window size, etc...  no dice.

The config file is the same as above... but no matter what I do, the MS is in the same postion...

You know, it would be REALLY nice if MINDSTAR themselves would provide a workable panel.cfg file with their software so people wouldn't spend HOURS trying to get their GPS, that I paid for to install into ANY airplane in P3D without all this effort and frustration, but that doesn't seem to be the case.   If it's on their web sight, then I'd like someone to point it out.   They pretty much leave you to figure it out yourself.

Any help is appreciated...

This webpage does provide great detail regarding adding our GNS units to an existing panel.cfg file:

http://www.mindstaraviation.com/retrofit.html

This webpage does provide great detail regarding the modification of an existing panel.cfg file:

http://www.mindstaraviation.com/AircraftContainerSystem.html

If you want custom panels, you are going to have to learn how to do it.  You knew, had you taken the time to peruse the list of aircraft we do an automatic install into, that you would have to do the modification yourself.  You knew that before purchase.  There is nothing about this that is misleading or can be considered unexpected.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69