Sign in to follow this  
bajoxfy

database in fs9 not matching that in Plan -g

Hi, I am having problems getting my local airport (Doncaster Sheffield) to be shown in FS9 software. I have had PMDG 737NG software from way back. Recently I have started to use it in a more serious way. I managed to get a copy of PMDG 737 800/900 which works great and has increased my enjoyment a great deal. However, it simply will not see EGCN and its related ILS. This appears in my Plan-G software with no problem. I imagine the problem is to do with both pieces of software working with different databases. The choice of an 800 or 900 brings a rapid reference to 'loading' database (very rapid), but this does not happen with any of the other planes - though they also do not seem to 'see' the airport and its ILS.

Anyone out there willing to suggest a way to help this old codger to sort the problem, I would be extremely grateful.

Kind regards

bajoxfy

Hi bajoxfy, I was born in Doncaster but now live near Halifax. The reason for FS9 not showing EGCN is that it didn't exist when FS9 was released in late 2003, it was still RAF Finningley and all that shows there is Finningley AB and the FNY beacon in the FS9 map. I would strongly recommend installing the excellent Doncaster Xtreme scenery by UK2000, which you can try before you buy or install a free version from here:

http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page35.html

Hi A32xx,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my query. I am very impressed with the software you have told me about, and I will certainly get this. However, I still am a little concerned, because the 'part' of my present DSA which does not operate correctly is the ILS - especially the one for runway 02. The PMDG 737 software I mostly use is able to pick up ILS approaches. The one for rwy 02 it simply cannot see, along with the airport itself. When 'airport' is selected on the Navigation Display it shows a symbol locating each airport - except for the Doncaster airport which simply it does not see. Hopefully by installing the UK2000 scenery this will cease to be a problem.

Again, thanks for picking up my request.

Kind regards

bajoxfy

Hi A32xx,

I don't know whether this will get to you - but in case it does I'll continue. Unfortunately my concerns were correct. The visual element of the UK2000 software is excellent, but I have just given the PMDG 737 a quick try out and the problem I have is still present. The ADF displays and the RWY 20 ILS it sees, but the runway 02 ILS is not present - nor is the location of the airport itself.

I assume the information re-the navigation data is separate from the .bgl files which 'draw' the physical features of the airport, but I don't know how to begin to 'update' the navigation data in FS9.

Thank you again for the help you sent.

Kind regards

bajoxfy

The ADF displays and the RWY 20 ILS it sees, but the runway 02 ILS is not present - nor is the location of the airport itself.

I have a solution for that, check your PM's.