Sign in to follow this  
XelaDnarb

PMDG Multi Channel

Morning all,

Someone is planning a major upgrade to their setup in anticipation of a certain product seemingly soon to be released...no prizes for guessing.

Before I sink thousands into it, can someone riddle me this-do PMDG products function fine within P3D Pro Plus, do they function fine within a multichannel environment, and am I going to need two or more licenses? 

I assume the answers, in order are yes, don't know, and probably, but is someone who know more than I able to comment?

Thanks,

Alex Brand

The feature of the pro plus version of P3D, allowing you to run the sim over more than one computer, with one as the 'master' computer and others as 'slaves.' This will allow me to have one rig running the main sim functions, with others running visuals on projectors as well as other views and cockpit items (ie have one dedicated to running a touchscreen monitor overhead for an overhead VC display).

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/multichannel/multichannel_overview.html

I've had a little play around with it and the default Baron, inputs to the aircraft only worked on the master but were reflected on the slave, which is fine, I can deal with that. But that's the default Baron...

The idea is to have one machine driving my 'cockpit' via multiple VC views split over several monitors (which is easy), and the other running scenery visuals.

Cheers

Alex Brand

Oh I see, so a built-in form of what WideFS does basically. As long as this doesn't require something specifically programmed into the gauges to work (ie, it's like WideFS) I don't see why it wouldn't work. I don't have multiple systems here myself to test it with though.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Excellent. But will I need two PMDG licenses?

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought wide fs could only be used to run utilities on networked PC's, not the simulator itself...?

Cheers

Alex Brand

Sorry, I don't want to sound pushy or rude, but does PMDG run with P3D multi channel and will I need two licenses?

Multi channel is not like wide fs. It runs multiple copies of P3D in parallel, with the slaves not needing to be activated.

I already know I need two licenses for ASN, one for each separate setup. Is this the same for PMDG?

Thanks,

Alex Brand

Sorry, I don't want to sound pushy or rude, but does PMDG run with P3D multi channel and will I need two licenses?

The 744 is our first aircraft that will offer the ability to distribute processing across multiple computers. I'm sure RSR will have more information about what is required when this function is available to you all.

Kyle Rodgers

Excellent to hear about P3D multi channel compatibility!!!

Will this be retrofitted into the NGX and T7?

Alex Brand

The 744 is our first aircraft that will offer the ability to distribute processing across multiple computers. I'm sure RSR will have more information about what is required when this function is available to you all.

Did you just spill the beans on the secret project?

Did you just spill the beans on the secret project?

No. This has been public information since 2015. RSR discussed it in the Flight Sim Con 2015 presentation.

Kyle Rodgers