Sign in to follow this  
hollow1slo

P3D VAS usage (FSL A320 related)

OK..the new update + the Nvidia setting together gave me additional 100K VAS 

The first install I had about 235K VAS available in KDFW

and now I have 359K VAS available in KDFW. It is an improvement...no more OOM Dings in KDFW.

The FPS is pretty good.. I have a good PC and it gives me in VC about 25FPS

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I haven't locked any of the FSL320 pricing topics. I do believe it needs to be discussed as high prices can potentially have a damaging effect on flight simulation but we all survived the high price for the Ariane 737 just after the FSX release.

😂 Good one!

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS

OK..the new update + the Nvidia setting together gave me additional 100K VAS 

The first install I had about 235K VAS available in KDFW

and now I have 359K VAS available in KDFW. It is an improvement...no more OOM Dings in KDFW.

The FPS is pretty good.. I have a good PC and it gives me in VC about 25FPS

Seriously? Those are very-very low numbers. 359Mb remaining VAS is on a brink of OOM. Technically. P3D should OOM once VAS is on 320Mb level.

I don't have the plane, but these reports make me reluctant to purchase

Just tested and got a 450 mb gain.  :smile:  :wub: useing new patch

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Seriously? Those are very-very low numbers. 359Mb remaining VAS is on a brink of OOM

I started at East coast of US.. and in Genoa, Italy I get around 530K Left

Manny

It did improve memory usage. They could remove those 3D fuse panels which have no use in the FSX and P3D releases to improve further and also increase the framerate.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Just tested and got a 450 mb gain.  :smile:  :wub: useing new patch

Sounds great, David. Strangely, I don't get any gain in VAS. How much free VAS do you have at a gate of Aerosoft's EGLL? Would just like to compare to my numbers. Thanks!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Planing on doing a  flight from EGLL to EHAM tomorrow so will let you know Carlo.

also increase the framerate

FPS is great 60.

VAS is now good.

Lets enjoy  :smile:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Well that was pretty quick, wonder what they did to get so much impact in 24 hours.

Got some more beta testers for it from release day

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Planing on doing a  flight from EGLL to EHAM tomorrow so will let you know Carlo.

Great. Thanks, David!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I don't have the plane, but these reports make me reluctant to purchase

You seem to be basing your reluctance to purchase on one report  Most reports seem to be positive.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Great. Thanks, David!

Just loaded up to see for you

After Doing all views outside and in

GATE 515

1GB 

I am surprised not many FSX users of the A320 reported issues.  Unless I missed their posts.

• Upvote 1

Manny

Just loaded up to see for you

After Doing all views outside and in

GATE 515

1GB 

Thanks for doing this test for us...

I assume all ORBX stuff including Vector and AS2016 are present in this scenario?

You seem to be basing your reluctance to purchase on one report  Most reports seem to be positive.

Well... I need to decide which plane to buy first - 747v3 or the bus? It's not about the money, but time to spare. I haven't been flying true Bus since PSS times, i.e. 2004 or even 2003. Need a lot of memory refreshing and new reading.