Sign in to follow this  
jimfr78

the view dezoom and zoom alone

Hello, i have a weird and annoying issue since last version, the view dezoom and come back to the normal view just after alone very very often, i thought it was using the wheel mouse but the parameter is uncheck.

Thanks

JM

• Upvote 1

Same here, introduced by one of the latest updates.

Seems to happen randomly.

P3D V3.2.3 - Chaseplane Alpha 0.1.564

Thanks for fixing this!

Regards, Sebastian

We are investigating the issue.

For now, make sure you disable advanced features in CP's Preferences

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

make sure you disable advanced features in CP's Preferences

In the latest Experimental Build, I have this disabled, and I still get the weird zooming in and out, it mostly zooms out, but occasionally zooms further in than my presets.

I have generated a Report File and put it up on Pastebin, but im not sure if it'll contain any useful information.

This might just be confirmation bias, but I think it happens more frequently when I move my scroll wheel (such as to dial in a new heading or speed).

Reverting to a non-Experimental build (0.1.98 Alpha) seems to fix the issue for me, so I will continue using the non-Experimental for now.

If you would like me to provide more information regarding my issue in the latest experimental build, let me know.

I made a few changes in the latest build. Let me know if the issue persist.

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I think a similar thing is happening to TrackIR as well. I pause it and it moves straight back to the default position.

finally i have talk too early, it still does it

The zooming in and out should only occur a few seconds after resizing a window.

Let me know if it happens under other circumstances 

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

yes all the time in fact without any reason and randomly but it didn't occur while the zoom was indicated at 1 on the top right, but restarting Chasplane now it said 0.39 zoom and in chaseplane zoom = 1.001

and the view change between 0.39 zoom and 0.30 zoom

Tonight's update to 1.571 and the TrackIR option works beautifully. Thank you Keven.

yes all the time in fact without any reason and randomly but it didn't occur while the zoom was indicated at 1 on the top right, but restarting Chasplane now it said 0.39 zoom and in chaseplane zoom = 1.001

and the view change between 0.39 zoom and 0.30 zoom

I will investigate further. A temporary solution would be to put WideViewAspect to True

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Same issue here. Camera sporadically zooms out, especially when I flip certain switches or turn heading/course knobs (pmdg 777 and fslabs concorde).

Hello, last News, i have activated the wide view aspect with a zoom of 1.00, no more issue, everything is fine, thanks a lot Keven for your help and keep your excellent work ( i surelly do not want a refund as some people are asking :Tounge: )

• Upvote 1

I have the same issue in P3D.  But it seems to happen to me ONLY when I'm using the mouse.

I will try activating the wide aspect view.