Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

LM Reactivate Licensing ?

Hi Folks,

Man - my PC was having issues for a while - the big WIN10 Anniversary Patch has never been able to install itself - as it would always fail... Started troubleshootting on Friday night - thought it was a driver issue so I started installing some of the original drivers that came with my MOBO - the SATA one destroyed me - done - unrecoverable...

Started the long tedious process of reinstalling the OS from scratch and everything that goes with it...

Sometime Saturday morning - after pulling an all nighter and installing the Anniversary Patch - got around to P3D... Installed fine - put in my license info in the activation  - do not pass go - do not collect $200.00 - go directly to jail... Message stated my activation attemps have been denied because it's not the same hardware (but it was - same hostname as well - installed on top of the previous installation of P3D) and I need to contact LM... I've only had P3D loaded on a single PC - and I would think rebuilds and hardware upgrades are a pretty common occurrence in our hobby... Sent them an email on Saturday morning - I'm assuming they are closed on the weekend...

Question: How long does LM usually take to respond to these requests ???

This is obviously a case of Copy Potection run amok - it shouldn't prevent legitimately licesnsd customers from installing the product they paid for... This is so frustrating after working so hard and long to get my PC back up and running... I won't have time again to mess with this for a week or two...Arrrrgh...

Regards,
​Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

Man - my PC was having issues for a while - the big WIN10 Anniversary Patch has never been able to install itself - as it would always fail... Started troubleshootting on Friday night - thought it was a driver issue so I started installing some of the original drivers that came with my MOBO - the SATA one destroyed me - done - unrecoverable...

Started the long tedious process of reinstalling the OS from scratch and everything that goes with it...

Sometime Saturday morning - after pulling an all nighter and installing the Anniversary Patch - got around to P3D... Installed fine - put in my licese info in the activation  - do not pass go - do not collect $200.00 - go directly to jail... Message stated my activation attemps have been denied because it's not the same hardware (but it was - same hostname as well) and I need to contact LM... I've only had P3D loaded on a single PC - and I would think rebuilds and hardware upgrades are a pretty common occurrence in our hobby... Sent them an email on Saturday morning - I'm assuming they are closed on the weekend...

This is obviously a case of Copy Potection run amok - it shouldn't prevent legitimately licesnsd customers from installing the product they paid for... This is so frustrating after working so hard and long to get my PC back up and running... I won't have time again for a week or two...Arrrrgh...

Regards,

​Scott

Usually get back to you within 48 hours

• Upvote 1

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

Should be within 24h (weekend excluded).

I had a similar case a while ago. As my request aplied from Germany I had the Licence reactivated next morning.

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the info...

:wink: 

Regards,
​Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I got a response within the same day but that was a couple of years ago.  It's interesting though why your activation was denied.  I just rebuilt my system and reinstalled P3D v3 and had no problems with the activation.  Make sure you had the correct activation codes for v3 and not previous versions.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If at all possible, UNINSTALL P3D before wiping out your OS to start over from scratch.  This frees up your license so you can reinstall it without hardware checks.  Using different drivers for the same hardware can trip up hardware checks.

Uninstalling first is not always possible, of course, due to unforeseen events.  I had to email them once to reset my license and I got a reply on the next business day that they had done so.

I expect they'll get back to you Monday.

It's interesting though why your activation was denied. 

If you get in trouble (OS died / Hard Drive died etc...) and you're unable to uninstall P3D correctly you can't deactivate your licence.

So, an E-Mail to LM is the only solution.

In order to alleviate the hassle you MUST UNINSTALL P3D Client before reinstall. If not, you must contact LM. No other options.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Surely it is quite simple.

I am buying a new computor and wish to install P3D on that.

How do I unistall it on the old computor so that it accepts my licence on the new one.

I would welcome a simple response please.

Thankyou

Roger Bell