Sign in to follow this  
bvthadden

Scenery Question - Hawaii

Hello,

I also joined the 777 course and i really enjoy it. Great video tutorials ;)

I will properly also join the Majestic Dash Course soon ( i really wait for the FSL Airbus Tutorial - hopefully it comes soon :))) )

When you do the training flight's between the island of Hawaii, which scenery where you using ? Is this from FSDT ?

Greetings from Hannover

Bodo

Hey Bodo

Yes the airports are from FSDT, the ground textures in Hawaii are photoreal from Megascenery Earth. The download is free (with a charge to cover the download cost of only $5) because the top of the volcanoes have white textures which is actually cloud cover on the satellite image. Because of this, they have made it free. Myron explained this as snow in Hawaii which you actually get at the right time of year! Nobody tell the MSE guys or they might start charging more ;)

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

I have those airports and the performance of KHOG was horrendously bad...massive stuttering worse than I've seen.  Hard to believe but, apparently it's because of FS8 textures which P3D has trouble with?  Dunno, but even taxiing on them was bad.  Once the runway was out of sight behind me it got smooth again.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I have those airports and the performance of KHOG was horrendously bad...massive stuttering worse than I've seen.  Hard to believe but, apparently it's because of FS8 textures which P3D has trouble with?  Dunno, but even taxiing on them was bad.  Once the runway was out of sight behind me it got smooth again.

Really? I can't say I've noticed any difference between the FSX and P3D version. We did disable the paragliders that appear over the beach as they caused stutters and appeared on the TCAS!

Really? I can't say I've noticed any difference between the FSX and P3D version. We did disable the paragliders that appear over the beach as they caused stutters and appeared on the TCAS!

How did you turn them off?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I don't have it installed currently - have a look in the FSDT/PHOG scenery folder for a BGL that looks like 'glider' or similar. We just changed the file to off. It was over a year ago now, sorry I can't find it exactly.  

Scenery is what makes me reluctant to purchase more of your products.  Your first one presuposed we were flying in a payware airfield setting.  I personally cannot either afford to buy airports I have limited use of and also have a computer which means that some airports cause problems.

I liked your product with the Dash 800 but would be happier if the programs used default.  They are supposed to be training videos not sales videos for add ons.

Harry Woodrow

Scenery is what makes me reluctant to purchase more of your products.  Your first one presuposed we were flying in a payware airfield setting.  I personally cannot either afford to buy airports I have limited use of and also have a computer which means that some airports cause problems.

I liked your product with the Dash 800 but would be happier if the programs used default.  They are supposed to be training videos not sales videos for add ons.

It's a fair point Harry and I get that not everyone can invest a ton in add-on airports or even has the hardware to run them but the videos would look very dull without add-on scenery to bring them alive. Even if you flew into default Honolulu or Maui, or San Fran or San Diego then everything we're teaching here is applicable. The runways and taxiway layouts will be the same, even if the eye candy isn't. And if you enjoyed the Q400, I think you'll really enjoy the Triple. 

• Upvote 2

I don't have it installed currently - have a look in the FSDT/PHOG scenery folder for a BGL that looks like 'glider' or similar. We just changed the file to off. It was over a year ago now, sorry I can't find it exactly.

Found them in SimObjects/Boats/FSDT*

EDIT:  Hmmm, gosh...removing them made it worse.  Instead of small stutters I got huge ones lasting several seconds from a mile out.  Might be best not to try that.  I'll keep working on it.

Gregg Seipp

EDIT:  Hmmm, gosh...removing them made it worse.  Instead of small stutters I got huge ones lasting several seconds from a mile out.  Might be best not to try that.  I'll keep working on it.

I am getting stutters at all FSDT airports currently, and I suspect it may be *SODE* which is incorporated into GSX. Not 100% sure, when I have time I will check it out.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi I am the developer of those Hawaiian airport, my advice is to set the antipopup to 2 in addon manager and save to fsx and relaunch it.

This of course will lower 3d detail on the overall simulation, but rise framerate, otherwise I can create dummy for you to replace on our library.

Unfortunately remove those file will do worse as the software call them and will kill performance.

Let me know.

I am getting stutters at all FSDT airports currently, and I suspect it may be *SODE* which is incorporated into GSX. Not 100% sure, when I have time I will check it out.

Same for you read the above post.

For sure it is not SODE as I had this stutters long before SODE even existed.

Hi I am the developer of those Hawaiian airport, my advice is to set the antipopup to 2 in addon manager and save to fsx and relaunch it.

This of course will lower 3d detail on the overall simulation, but rise framerate, otherwise I can create dummy for you to replace on our library.

Unfortunately remove those file will do worse as the software call them and will kill performance.

Let me know.

What is the anti pop up really doing? I am always afraid to let the add-on manager save something to my P3D.cfg as it will only mess up things I don't want. That's why I hold off buying any further FSDT airports.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Thanks Simbo. I am sure I already had it in the cfg.

[FSDREAMTEAM]
AltitudeCull=1
AntiPopUp=20
GroundTraffic=1
ViewOptimization=0

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Let me know.

I'll take a look tomorrow when I get the chance.  Thanks for the advice.

Gregg Seipp