Sign in to follow this  
bvthadden

Scenery Question - Hawaii

Found them in SimObjects/Boats/FSDT*

EDIT:  Hmmm, gosh...removing them made it worse.  Instead of small stutters I got huge ones lasting several seconds from a mile out.  Might be best not to try that.  I'll keep working on it.

Are you sure that the BGL (or DLL?) displaying the gliders was disabled? If they are created by a BGL, and if that BGL is still active, then you have only turned off the models that the BGL is calling, resulting in an error condition in the sim, which may very well cause stutters. Don't underestimate what content errors can do, missing models, missing effects, incorrect textures etc. can all cause additional error/exception handling that the sim has to perform - resulting in more or less obvious stutters.

LORBY-SI

Are you sure that the BGL (or DLL?)

The bgl files don't indicate which one does it.  I'll have some time today to study it more carefully.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The gliders are sort of boat traffic and they show up in the scenery with FSDT addon manager, if you remove them FSX or P3D will cause strutter.

Use antipopup and if the problem persist let me know so I can send you some dummy file to replace the gliders.

We'll be back in Hawaii for the 717 Program so I could sure use the glider replacement file if you have one.  :smile:

Hi Ben,

So you have strutter with those kite, I was so excited at that time, when did them for the scenery as Kahului is the paradise for Kite Surf.

Anyway I will send you asap, so you can shoot strutter free on this magic island.

Hi Ben,

So you have strutter with those kite, I was so excited at that time, when did them for the scenery as Kahului is the paradise for Kite Surf.

Anyway I will send you asap, so you can shoot strutter free on this magic island.

Thanks Fabrizio. I felt a stutter when they loaded but the biggest issue was that they appeared on the TCAS in the 777!  :smile: Traffic, Traffic....

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Thanks Fabrizio. I felt a stutter when they loaded but the biggest issue was that they appeared on the TCAS in the 777! :smile: Traffic, Traffic....

I was getting "Terrain, Terrain" on final.  Hmmm.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I was getting "Terrain, Terrain" on final.  Hmmm.

With the gliders you'll be getting Traffic Traffic to go with your Terrain Terrain. At that point I'd jump in the back and let the FO sort it out  :smile:

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

To anyone with strutter problem by Kitesurf on PHOG and TCAS alarm, send me a private message with an email and I will send the file to fix the problem.

I have deleted loads of files and textures in various scenery addons. I do this because I either have more detailed versions of airports (where the less detailed ones cannot be deactivated separately from a more extensive scenery product), or because there are scenery elements that damage my eyesight (and therefore need to be removed before I can continue with my virtual flying). Yes, I am a perfectionist!

I do experience stutters in certain locations, but I am not sure if these are connected with the deleted files. Whatever the case, a handful of stutters are (for me) more acceptable than scenery models/textures that hurt my eyes.

EDIT: It's worth noting here that I no longer seem to be able to change a .BGL file to a .OFF file. If I try to do this, I end up with a .OFF.BGL file! I did something once that changed all of my file types to "Wordpad documents", and this is when the problem started. If anyone knows what I need to do to correct this, then please let me know!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

EDIT: It's worth noting here that I no longer seem to be able to change a .BGL file to a .OFF file. If I try to do this, I end up with a .OFF.BGL file! I did something once that changed all of my file types to "Wordpad documents", and this is when the problem started. If anyone knows what I need to do to correct this, then please let me know!

So you associated .bgl with wordpad? Then, if the option to "hide file extensions for known file types" in Windows is active, you will only see the name of a file in the explorer list, but not it's extension (.bgl) - and you can no longer change that extension either.

Solution 1:

(copied from howtohaven)

Click the Start menu.

Type "folder options" (without the quotes).

A dialog box with the title "Folder Options" will appear.

Click to uncheck the box for "Hide extensions for known file types".

Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the dialog box.

Now you should see the full file names again, and be able to add the .off behind .bgl. But this will be the case for all files now, you will always see the extensions for everything...

Solution 2:

Remove the file assiciation from BGL to Wordpad. Unfortunately AFAIK this involves removing the BGL extension from a certain registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Scenery is what makes me reluctant to purchase more of your products.  Your first one presuposed we were flying in a payware airfield setting.  I personally cannot either afford to buy airports I have limited use of and also have a computer which means that some airports cause problems.

I liked your product with the Dash 800 but would be happier if the programs used default.  They are supposed to be training videos not sales videos for add ons.

The scenery used has nothing at all to do with the training. I don't understand the complaint?

The scenery used has nothing at all to do with the training. I don't understand the complaint?

Procedures are based on the use of the added scenery...they also in the case of the first one used visual waypoints in their examples not available in default.

Some have computers that will not run 777 plus heavy scenery.

If they cannot run it they cannot duplicate the training which they see but must adapt what they do to default.  Trivial if they already know what they are doing, non trivial if they do not.

I would not call it a complaint...a comment.

Harry Woodrow

To anyone with strutter problem by Kitesurf on PHOG and TCAS alarm, send me a private message with an email and I will send the file to fix the problem.

Fabrizio sorry for asking here any chance you will update or redo the Hawaiian airports.?

I'm so looking forward the the 717 program! :)

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.