Sign in to follow this  
SKIPS2

P3D ASN (DISAPPERING WEATHER RADAR RETURNS) PMDG 777/NGX

Hello,

As the topic states, I'm having weird issues relating to Weather Radar Returns using both T7/NGX.

For instance, I'm leveled in flight & my ND (no matter range) shows inclement weather ahead, but by the time I reach it the weather dissipates. 

I know in the real world weather bad weather can brew very fast & also dissipates as quickly as it came....but this is ridiculous, it always happens.

Never had this issue in FSX where I loved deviating around inclement weather  :Thinking:

Regards,

Dario

Actually I always had this issue. Whenever I tried to fly into turbulence the radar show the weather to clear up by the time I'm there...would be interested to see if other people see that. I'm on AS16 in P3D.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Actually I always had this issue. Whenever I tried to fly into turbulence the radar show the weather to clear up by the time I'm there...would be interested to see if other people see that. I'm on AS16 in P3D.

Glad to know I'm not alone. Thx for chiming in Daedalus.

Hope someone knows a solution.

That's wierd, I used to have this problem when I used OpusFSX and OpusFSI, the clouds kept changing location every now and then! But when I migrated to AS16 it´s pretty much stable.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I would recommend making sure that a flight plan has loaded into AS16 and also select "Suppress local weather changes" under the simulator depiction options. This should give you consistent and smooth weather transitions without any strange weather disappearances. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Sooo many issues with AS16. Unreal. They really screwed things up with SP1 performance-wise. They are trying to figure it out though. I for one want the REX Weather/Sky Force products out soonest so I can move to them.

Eric 

Sooo many issues with AS16. Unreal. They really screwed things up with SP1 performance-wise. They are trying to figure it out though. I for one want the REX Weather/Sky Force products out soonest so I can move to them.

Indeed, performance drop is a big issue with SP1. There should be specific type of clouds or combination of clouds that cause dramatic fps drop in some cases. I believe they will fix it though. Just strange it takes more time than I anticipated. AS16+ASCA is a pricy combo and I don't think I'd move to another one easily. 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

I for one want the REX Weather/Sky Force products out soonest

I don't, they have been trying to make a better weather engine than Hifi for years now, what makes you feel that they will succeed now.

Looking through my downloads I bought WEATHER MAKER PRO V4.9 back in 2006, all the way back then it could not match Active Sky and no weather engine they have released since has been anywhere near Hifi stuff.

I don't, they have been trying to make a better weather engine than Hifi for years now, what makes you feel that they will succeed now.

Looking through my downloads I bought WEATHER MAKER PRO V4.9 back in 2006, all the way back then it could not match Active Sky and no weather engine they have released since has been anywhere near Hifi stuff.

Whenever it's released, we shall see.

Eric 

hmmm...seems as though most of you are having the same issues with AS16 but I have ASN.

Thing is, I was considering buying AS16 but if those issues present themselves in this version....forget it.

Maybe it's something I need to raise or lower in P3D idk.

Here's my P3D Wx Settings:

Cloud Draw Distance : 70mi

Cloud Coverage : Max

Detailed Clouds

Disable turb on A/C

Rate at which Wx changes Over Time: No Change

ASN Settings:

Max Cloud Layers: 3 (For Perf)

Max Cloud Turb: 100

Max Icing: 100

Prevent T'storms When CB reported: ON

Min Cloud Draw Distance: 70

Max Cloud Draw Distance

Force BKN to 7/8ths: ON

Enhance Overcast Conditions: OFF (For Perf)

P3D Low Cloud Offset: 0

High Detail T'storms Clouds : OFF (For Perf)

I don't having any Clouds textures like REX installed cause I'm a bit picky with FPS :smile:

Dario

For instance, I'm leveled in flight & my ND (no matter range) shows inclement weather ahead, but by the time I reach it the weather dissipates.

Same here and on top with the latest ASCA version I got ugly crosses on ND.

ASCA deleted and with Rex softclouds those crosses are gone. I think this was the last time I gave ASCA a chance for me it's not worth the money.

Because of the bad performance with AS16 SP1 I'm using FSGRW again.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Hi all,

In regards to the original question on Radar returns:

On the display have you tried higher gain settings to see if any returns come back?

Have you attempted to reinstall the PMDG products and/or AS? If not I would suggest trying both as that has resolved some issues with WXR in the past.

Since you mentioned the PMDG products specifically have you attempted to open a support ticket with them? 

In regards to performance issues, our Dev Team is carefully examining all customer feedback on AS16 and ASCA SP1 and any changes that are made based on this feedback will be worked into future hot-fixes/updates. As of now we do not have a timetable for a hot-fix or full update but we will provide more information once it becomes available. 

And as always, if you are having a specific issue with any Hifi products please feel free to submit a support ticket at the link below with any supporting files (screen shots, logs, etc) and we will be happy to troubleshoot the issue until it is resolved. 

http://hifisupport.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit

Thank you. 

• Upvote 1

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

@ McLaren

Tried Higher gain settings

Yup, also tried reinstalling PMDG products as well as AS Next.

One thing though, if memory serves, when I had FSX installed I never had thing issue before and I'm wondering if it's because I had AS next + REX Overdrive (textures only) installed at the time.

The default clouds in P3D seemed light and pops in an out, bear in mind i know the radar returns shows precipitation and not clouds, so idk

Hi all,

In regards to the original question on Radar returns:

On the display have you tried higher gain settings to see if any returns come back?

Have you attempted to reinstall the PMDG products and/or AS? If not I would suggest trying both as that has resolved some issues with WXR in the past.

Since you mentioned the PMDG products specifically have you attempted to open a support ticket with them? 

In regards to performance issues, our Dev Team is carefully examining all customer feedback on AS16 and ASCA SP1 and any changes that are made based on this feedback will be worked into future hot-fixes/updates. As of now we do not have a timetable for a hot-fix or full update but we will provide more information once it becomes available. 

And as always, if you are having a specific issue with any Hifi products please feel free to submit a support ticket at the link below with any supporting files (screen shots, logs, etc) and we will be happy to troubleshoot the issue until it is resolved. 

http://hifisupport.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit

Thank you.

Looking forward to the update.

Thou is it possible for us to get the previous update to sp1 for the time being?

Cheers

Mike