Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Do you want 'crispness' with your lettuce? How 'bout your photoreal?

I know this is in the AeroFly forum, but does this work on FSX/9 etc for the global NI settings? I always thought doing that was a no no?

Yes, these settings WILL enhance any MS-based flight sim.  The only problem is, that these kinds of settings have a large impact on FPS, within those sims.

Happily, within AF2, it does a tremendous job. :) because of the large FPS pool, availability.  With the above 8x settings, I fluctuate between 118-120 FPS (locked at 120) ---- At the airport, at rotation, at ascent, at cruise, and at descent.  The same FPS being reported.

Is the visual improvement mostly due to 4xSGSSAA? It normally has a pretty big performance penalty in FSX/P3D if there are lot of clouds around. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

I tried the settings at the beginning of this post and I have shimmering and creep (fuzzy movement all around) using a 970 card.

Off to make some adjustments.

Ray

Mine is all dorked up now. I have a 970 card. Can someone suggest some settings to sneak up on it. The ground is vibrating (shimmering) in small sections and moving with the plane movement.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Mine is all dorked up now. I have a 970 card. Can someone suggest some settings to sneak up on it. The ground is vibrating (shimmering) in small sections and moving with the plane movement.

I would reset the profile entirely to defaults.

Is the visual improvement mostly due to 4xSGSSAA? It normally has a pretty big performance penalty in FSX/P3D if there are lot of clouds around. 

I have other settings that optimize AF16x that aren't in the normal nvidia driver mask. I think it is the whole combination, quite frankly. All working with each other, for elevated enhancement. But trust me...it works!  I am also running a GTX 1070 card, in my particular case.

Anyone running a 970 card?

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I had a 970 before I moved to a 980ti. Running Aerofly with Mitch's settings shows about 3.6 GB of VRAM in use. As the 970 has only 3.5 GB at full speed bus it could become tight with it. I suggest going back to the 4X settings or even below and trying again. 

Also, try running vsync, I find 60 steady fps quite comforting and it keeps your GPU from running at 99% load. 

Hans