Sign in to follow this  
Rolfspan

ILS Approach - Altitude Management

Thank you for a great product. I have yet to figure out how to have the altitude change can be triggered to descend when on an ILS approach to correspond with the approach. I have taken the Altitude Hold button off and that just causes the plane to loose altitude but without control. Thank you.

Rolf

It looks like you wanted to post this in a different forum (Q400?), but showing altitudes corresponding to the distance to the DME and/or runway threshold during an ILS approach might be a nice feature for Little Navmap :)

Hi Thomas, I was thinking about being able to use this in Little Navmap (LNM). I can't use LNM with the Majestic Q400. I can not find a GPS option instead of the FMS in the Q400. However were I to use Flightsim commander it wouldl automatically bring the plane from the point of interception of the ILS approach at 3000 ft  to ground level at touch down.

This issue is not a big deal since I would be landing the plane from the point of interception anyway however I thought I would throw it out there. 

For the purists who say I should learn all about the Flight Management System I agree, however that is my next challenge.

Kindest regards,

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

I have no plans for autopilot functionality in Little Navmap (at least not yet ...).

I can only suggest to go through a tutorial (there must be one for the Dash) that includes the FMS setup. Once you got the flow it is not too difficult and mostly the same for each flight.

I did go through that for the NGX and I'm not too keen to deal with simulated computers on my computer :smile: .

I always try to finish that FMS or FMC setup as fast as possible.

Alex