Sign in to follow this  
eddywinch82

AI Traffic Conflict Query

Hi there,

I am having a problem with AI Aircraft, many AI Airlines I have installed, have AI Aircraft departing at the same time as

others in the same Airline. So if they are parked next to each other at an Airport. And they push back at the same time. one usually taxi's through the other. What I have had to do many times recently, is alter the Flightplan for the AI Aircraft, so they are departing several minutes apart. I usually do up to 30 minutes difference. Although there are that many AI Airlines I have installed, that have the departure times the same. That it is getting quite tedious to edit each Flightplan in question. Is it possible to use the program AI Separation ( Ground Option), to prevent them taxying through one another, or at least reduce the possibility from that happening ? And if it is possible what settings and values should I use ? Any help and information what be much appreciated.

I used AISmooth and the Seperation tool, but stopped using it.

It doesnt matter, go-arounds, and congestions still occure.

Eventually lowering AI traffic to 40% to have a more quiete chatter, and it feels more real. Nice relaxed on route, and enough on entering

busy area's. I still use an old FrankAI package, and my FS2004 is stuck around 2008 or so. I dont care. Just having an approximation

is enough. (if it looks like a plane, and flies around its ok for me. dont care about schedules)

Did you check the library ? there are tools for AI traffic.

Hey!

When you start FS, all ai aircraft start taxiing at the same time, so if you have many aircraft installed, of course, they will collide and they woll taxi through eachother..

Take some ai aircraft away, and you will no more see these collisions....?

Jive1 - Belgium

So the AI Engine in FS2004 is such, that AI Aircraft when they pushback at the same time next to one another or opposite each other at an Airport etc, cannot be made not to taxi through one another ? Even by using as I said the AI Separation program Ground rather than Airborne Setting and specific values there, or using any other freeware AI Traffic program for FS2004 ? I may consider removing certain Flights now, rather than changing departure and arrival times of AI Aircraft Flightplans each time. Many thanks for your replies guys, it's much appreciated ))

There is a "catch-up" window for ai in the fs ai player service, hence the pushback clumping and arrival clumping of ai when you load a flight or refresh ai. I think if I recall the window is about ten minutes around the scheduled times.

aismooth will take care of arrival clumping and you can set the arrival separation so that queued departing aircraft can squeeze in between arrivals. aismooth has no effect on ground pushback separation.

My departing procedure is to load a saved parked flight, load and run weather refreshing ai after the weather writes are complete, and then setup my aircraft during which time ai should stabilize so then ATC gives the correct runway assignment for departure. I use the product in my tag that analyzes the patterns of arriving ai so having stable arrivals enables a better departing runway assignment.

You should know that the FS ai player uses the closest runway to the parking gate for ai departure where parallel runways exist.

Separating arrivals also assists in getting ai cleared off the runway faster.

Here are my aismooth settings for version 1.20:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hz5uyrtpszw3ieh/AISMOOTHv120SETTINGS.jpg?dl=0

• Upvote 1

If you use a registered version of FSUIPC there is a hot key that can be assigned that reduces the density of AI, You can then restore it with another button push.

I still use an old FrankAI package, and my FS2004 is stuck around 2008 or so.

Which AI is that? Never heard of it. I have the freeware MyTraffic installed but would like some variety. I also have SKAI thrown in the mix but hits fps. WOAI is really great but hits fps something bad on my ancient rig.

@Eddywinch: use one of the available tools to set a realistic AI taxi speed, something between 20-30 knots. I actually prefer 30 which is at the high end of the range for safe real world operations but looks nice and busy.

Helps clearing airport congestions a treat.

I think you can use many methods in combination to get the desired result,  I have taxi speed set, traffic smooth (can't remember which tool, I think co-pilot but they all change the same variable I think), default density set to 35 and also set to 35 in FSUIPC, and I never have congestions. Airports still look busy enough.

Ronzie makes the best point, concentrate on setting up your flight for a couple of minutes and when you look out of the office after that, everything will have settled nicely.

Have it for a loooong time, and use just that. Cant remember where it came from.

Have to look how big it is, and can upload it to your dropbox if you want.

Have to look how big it is, and can upload it to your dropbox if you want.

I would appreciate that very much!

Thanks everyone, for your replies to this thread of mine, it's very much appreciated. I will take your advice and act accordingly.

Sascha, Yes I have a free program called FS9 Configurator, and have changed the Taxi Speed of AI Aircraft to 20 Knots using it. I did have it at 25 knots, but I found a Forum post on the internet, that said anything over 20 Knots isn't realistic ? So 25 knots is ? I will change it back if so, and I have the run off speed, on the Runway after Landing for AI Aircraft set at 35 Knots, which is more realistic than the default FS2004 Value apparently. Eddie