Sign in to follow this  
Navigator43

A320 book

Good day has anyone read the book Airbus A320 by Mike Ray and if so is it any good and worth the money for a study guide thanks

• Upvote 1

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

Yes.

I have the "A320 Professional Download Version" by him. Absolutely excellent! Definitely worth it IMO.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

How about this one?  Can anyone comment on it?  http://www.a320guide.com/

I bought it a couple of days ago. It is an amazing book, great editing with a lot of information about the systems of the A320. Many photos included of very high quality and definition, also videos of procedures are included. This is not about how to fly the A320 but rather how the systems work and how their operation is displayed in the cockpit (like switches functions and eicas messages). I certainly recommend it!

• Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Yes.

I have the "A320 Professional Download Version" by him. Absolutely excellent! Definitely worth it IMO.

I bought it a couple of days ago. It is an amazing book, great editing with a lot of information about the systems of the A320. Many photos included of very high quality and definition, also videos of procedures are included. This is not about how to fly the A320 but rather how the system work and how there operation is displayed in the cockpit (like switches functions and eicas messages). I surely recommend

And so is the one by Mike Ray mentioned here more about how to fly the A320?  I'm not exactly sure which type of book I'd prefer.  Probably should get them both but they're not cheap.  Really can't wait for Airline2Sim's stuff w/ the A320!!!  But, that's going to be a ways out I think so looking for something else in the mean time.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

And so is the one by Mike Ray mentioned here more about how to fly the A320?  I'm not exactly sure which type of book I'd prefer.  Probably should get them both but they're not cheap.  Really can't wait for Airline2Sim's stuff w/ the A320!!!  But, that's going to be a ways out I think so looking for something else in the mean time.

I don't know about the Mike Ray's book. I also wait for the Airline2Sim training, it will be amazing I'm sure. Airline2Sim training mostly focuses on how to properly fly the airplane, so this system book is covering another aspect in my opinion. Its gonna explain what the smallest inlet on the airframe is there for, for example, or how the fueling system works.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Thanks guys I see it for sale for 40.00 on Amazon so I'll make the order thanks

Good day has anyone read the book Airbus A320 by Mike Ray and if so is it any good and worth the money for a study guide thanks

I'm a huge fan of Mike Ray's books. You won't get bored reading it, I learned the ixeg 737 using his 737cl training guide, made it a much more rewarding experience.

Got the PDF and the print version of his A320 book and the print version of his Boeing 700 Series book. Any and all of them are recommended, although if you can spring for the printed versions they are nice to have whilst you have FS open and are flying. Occasionally you see some FS online stores with them on sale at bargain prices, but even at full price they are still good value.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I got the wirebound Unofficial Airbus A320 Series Simulator and Checkride Procedures Manual by Mike Ray several years ago. A cheerfully presented comprehensive reference. ISBN -13: 978-0-936283-19-7 University of Temecula Press PO Box 1239 Temecula, CA 92590.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Got the PDF and the print version of his A320 book and the print version of his Boeing 700 Series book. Any and all of them are recommended, although if you can spring for the printed versions they are nice to have whilst you have FS open and are flying. Occasionally you see some FS online stores with them on sale at bargain prices, but even at full price they are still good value.[/quote

Where can I get the PDF is it on Google?

I just bought the book through his website 29.95

I just bought the book through his web site 29.95

Yes.

I just bought the book on line love it so far

Moved from "Tips and Tricks" since this thread is not about either a "Tip" or a "Trick."

In the future, please do not post questions in an "answers only" forum. :dance:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Moved from "Tips and Tricks" since this thread is not about either a "Tip" or a "Trick."

In the future, please do not post questions in an "answers only" forum. :dance:

Right on boss cheers

yes for sure you tube has some great videos. But I got this book today so I'm hoping I can get a better handle on all the features of the FS Labs A320