Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

SIMstarter setting for windowed?

What are the settings I can play with in SIMstarter to launch P3D in windowed (maximized) instead of full screen mode?

Thanks,

Dirk.

You click upon RunSet under RunConfigSet. Under run item you should find the start instruction for your sim. Double-clicking opens the settings. There is a menu "Window Mode" with

Normal

MInimized

Maximized

Hidden.

Another setting is under Sim ConfigSet. Goto the Tweaks tab and check/unchek the fullscreen box.

Kind Regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Michael, one more setting, please: where is vc texture resolution (the newest parameter in P3Dv3.4.18+) setting in the latest SIMStarter?

Thanks,

Dirk.

You click upon RunSet under RunConfigSet. Under run item you should find the start instruction for your sim. Double-clicking opens the settings. There is a menu "Window Mode" with

Normal

MInimized

Maximized

Hidden.

What is Hidden? I can't figure it out, doesn't change anything here.

Thanks,

Michael, one more setting, please: where is vc texture resolution (the newest parameter in P3Dv3.4.18+) setting in the latest SIMStarter?

Thanks,

Dirk.

What is Hidden? I can't figure it out, doesn't change anything here.

Thanks,

Hidden is running the program in the background without display. This option exists for any Windows program. I doubt you want it for Prepar3d. :-)

I'll look for the VC option, I don't have a cockpit at all, I have a hardware panel and no panel on display at all.

Kind regards, Michael

I just went rhough the menus but didn't find the vc texture resolution. Of course you can modify it opening the config file in editor (rightmost upper menu option)and editing or adding the corresponding entry.

Otherwise you can ask the author to add this as a paramteter under Graphics or Tweaks, usually he's very responsive to such proposals.

Kind regards, Michael 

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hidden is running the program in the background without display. This option exists for any Windows program. I doubt you want it for Prepar3d. :-)

I'll look for the VC option, I don't have a cockpit at all, I have a hardware panel and no panel on display at all.

Weird, I went through all/most(?) of SIMStarter settings and couldn't find anything pertaining to MAX_VC_TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=

PS: I know I can change it in the Editor and save, but there's no relevant setting in SIMStarters's UI