Sign in to follow this  
Mr.midnight

Radar Contact

Hello Folks, Pilots, simmers, and who ever has used this product.

I must tell you that Radar Contact has given me years of joy. 

This piece of software has gotten thru more flights with me  than i can ever remember. I never fly without it.

In 2017 This 4.3 software that came out years ago,  is today just as powerful as any other ATC out today ;in my humble opinion.

I have tried most of them and they are on the shelf, i keep coming back to RC.

Im not complaining or anything just want to thank JD for his work.

I met Him (or you) once in Washington D.C. at a Sim conferance 12+ years ago, and you were working at that time on RC5.

Just wanted to thank you for your product, and hope you and your family have a great year and many more.

RobertC

• Upvote 2

Hi Robert,

I also still use RC4 several times a week and have adapted it to work with Concorde. :smile:  I asked if the competition could cope with its unique requirements but after they said it couldn't I was able to work out how to make RC4 work with it.

I came over to the 2006 AvSim Conference in Washington and maybe that's the one you met John and Doug. And maybe even me. :smile:  It was a great experience - just a pity it's so far to go.

Hope you continue to enjoy RC4.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes, Radar Contact is one of the best add-on's in my FSX system. :smile:

It's just such a pity that it's frozen in time...

Hi Folks,

Can't fly IFR without it... Wish they had continued with RC5...

Recently - I've augmented my flying with Voice Attack (Voice Control) - best $10.00 I've ever spent on FS... I've tried a number of Voice Control programs and this one is by far the best... Instead of pressing buttons "1", "7", "2", etc for Radar Contact - I just say "Roger", "Roger Wilco", "Clearance Delivery", etc... It's extremely rare that I ever reach for the keyboard for RC4 control - which has brought the immersion factor to a whole new level...

If RC5 were in development today - the advent of a good MS Speech Engine and the high quality addon TTS Voices from companies like Cereproc would probably make the lives of the developers SOOOO much easier... There is no need to string together WAV files to make coherent conversations - which I'm sure was an extremely laborious and tedious task - simply use the native speech engine...

Anyway - yep - RC4 is still my go to program for ATC needs...

OBTW - I've recently found that there are still some RC4 users that don't know about the "Meatwater" mod which is an absolute MUST HAVE in my book... Years ago a sound engineer processed all the RC4 wav files to improve them - and improve them he did - just search for "Meatwater" in the lib - it's a large download but so well worth the effort...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Yep, still using RC, now in P3d, works fine.  Still the best around IMHO.

spacer.png

Hello again, and yes Ray, that is probably the one, I also met the late Founder of Avsim Tom Allensworth at the conference, Had a real good time. 

Will also give Meatwater and Voice attack a look see.

Thanks Folks, for the Reply

Good evening Mr Proudfoot,

With reference to Post #4 above, this is the first time I've heard about the "Meatwater" mod.

Since you're deeply involved with RC4, I'd be interested to hear your views on this, please.

Good evening Mr Proudfoot,

With reference to Post #4 above, this is the first time I've heard about the "Meatwater" mod.

Since you're deeply involved with RC4, I'd be interested to hear your views on this, please.

Good evening Mr Tight Git :smile:

Since they are based on my original files they are essentially the same except for the added 'noise' Meatwater has added. If you prefer your sounds to be more distorted then try them by all means. I've always used the originals and been satisfied with them.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Folks,

IIRC - it's been a while - but I think "Meatwater" mentioned removing some dead space at the beginning and end of each wav - whatever he did - it sure seemed to make the conversation less disjointed and flow more smoothly - in my humble opinion...

To each - his own...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

. Years ago a sound engineer processed all the RC4 wav files to improve them - and improve them he did - just search for "Meatwater" in the lib - it's a large download but so well worth the effort...

Yes sir! I have also used RC4 for years, works very well with Multi Crew Experience. The "Meatwater" files are somewhat "distorted", rather like you have an old set of cans, or your VHF antenna is wonky! But the rate of speech delivery is speeded up, more akin to RW ATC. Adding to the challenge of sim flying. Now I gotta listen more carefully.

RC5 would be an instant purchase for me. I still like the "admonishment" when I go off course or am slow to climb/descend! "Expect to be met at the gate by fisdo!!! Ohmygosh.....;)

Regards

David

Thanks, Ray.

I, too, am completely satisfied with the originals, so I'll leave well alone.

Regards,

Tight. :wink:

Hi Folks,

IIRC - it's been a while - but I think "Meatwater" mentioned removing some dead space at the beginning and end of each wav - whatever he did - it sure seemed to make the conversation less disjointed and flow more smoothly - in my humble opinion...

To each - his own...

:wink:

Regards,

Scott 

How you run RC4 will also affect audio playback. Via WideFS it's fine for me. On the FSX/P3D machine it has to compete for resources so will probably be less fluid.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have a question about Meatwater voice package.

Those files are very nice, but way too loud for my taste.

Is there a way to volume down this voice set ?

Artur 

I have a question about Meatwater voice package.

Those files are very nice, but way too loud for my taste.

Is there a way to volume down this voice set ?

Turn up the volume of FSX/P3D. Then adjust accordingly.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather